PDA

View Full Version : Question A4 B8 zenon conversion

UK Bloke
30-08-2015, 08:13 PM
Hi
I'm thinking about buying some second hand zenon headlights for my A4 B8 2012, I think some plugs will need to be changed a some ecu codes entered, anyone else done this or any advice?
ta

Pork
04-09-2015, 07:53 PM
Do you have a friendly MOT tester?
It'll fail if you don't retro fit the headlight washers too.

Gunnark100
05-09-2015, 10:06 AM
Hi
I'm thinking about buying some second hand zenon headlights for my A4 B8 2012, I think some plugs will need to be changed a some ecu codes entered, anyone else done this or any advice?
ta

All here:

DIY Halogen to Bixenon- Conversion Complete. (http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/341909-DIY-Halogen-to-Bixenon-Conversion-Complete)

RichA4
05-09-2015, 10:50 PM
Do you have a friendly MOT tester?
It'll fail if you don't retro fit the headlight washers too.

Don't forget the self levelling :aargh4:

That is also a legal requirement !!

Alex jb
05-09-2015, 11:37 PM
This is true, however a HID kit in a sh!tty old civic is way worse than what you (OP) propose, and there is tons of eBay HID kits in crap cars getting MOT's and then blinding on coming drivers, the OEM light units have a clean cut off and can be kept a notch low on the dash roller switch.

markp306
06-09-2015, 10:55 AM
Actually, not according to VOSA testing guide. It only says that levelling/washers must work, where fitted.

section 1.7

Gunnark100
06-09-2015, 07:43 PM
Actually, not according to VOSA testing guide. It only says that levelling/washers must work, where fitted.

section 1.7

You can always put old lights back for MOT...30 minutes job:)

M1tchy
06-09-2015, 08:39 PM
You can always put old lights back for MOT...30 minutes job:)

While blinding every other road user all year long. HORRENDOUS!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest 2
06-09-2015, 08:49 PM
its a requirement for the mot in northern ireland if anyone is interested, mine passed with just the headlight wash though. as long as your beam is correctly levelled (like adjusting halogens) it will pass.

Gunnark100
06-09-2015, 08:50 PM
While blinding every other road user all year long. HORRENDOUS!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Explain how...its not xenon bulbs in halogen housing. My light pattern is adjusted a bit lower then normal and 2 years nobody blinked because of blinding...You cant even compare with bigger cars like toureg,jeep etc...every one is blinding if you look them:)... If you use treiler with halogen lights or heavy stuff in luggage compartment are you adjusting lights manualy from knob to keep not blinding everybody...:) cant belive...

Alex jb
08-09-2015, 04:09 PM
There is many discussions about the DIY process and results. Here's the one I participated in.
HID retrofit completed - cheap Halogen update (http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=628709)

I passed MOT without issue, same deal, correctly adjusted for beam height, orientation and angle (left to right) and the test centre had no problem with them. They have failed cars with traditional lenses and HID kits because of the spread outside the supposed pattern