PDA

View Full Version : S3 2008 pre-facelift - Hood won't open - Desperate

eitama
28-08-2015, 09:03 AM
Hi,

One day I attempted to pop the hood in order to check the oil level. The hood handle inside the car was light, and the hood didn't pop. I can hear noises when messing with the handle so the cable did not snap or disconnect in the passenger compartment, but rather somewhere under the hood/bonnet. My usual and trustworthy mechanic which mainly deals with tuned VW cars, have it a try and gave up. He said the only way he can see involves breaking stuff, starting but not limited to, the grill. He suggested I go to a car body repairman (Google translate), so I did, over there they all gave up. My next option is to go to the ******** which over here can charge like 1000 euro for the simplest of tasks. Fitting a new K04 would cost 5000 euro minimum there... They are crazy.

Someone even suggested I drive into a tree and total it. Bananas. I love my car.

If anyone has any idea how to reach, what to take apart how to handle this insane problem, I'd be forever grateful.

Oh and btw, I've Googled, YouTube-ed, phoned, 10 times. Could only find related info on audi a4 and other none A3/S3...

Help :(

zollaf
28-08-2015, 09:08 AM
welcome.
try this, you will need a helper.
one of you pull the handle, the other press down on the bonnet and pull up, while the other works the lever. if that doesn't work, get a can of spray oil with a long nozzle and spray that through the grill at the catch, leave it a while and try again.

eitama
28-08-2015, 09:31 AM
Thanks for replying. Tried that already :(

eitama
28-08-2015, 05:18 PM
So, I tried one more place, just more damages to my hood and grill. Eventually found a Guy who claims he can fix it in an hour. Let him the car and went home.

Will know more on Sunday.