PDA

View Full Version : what ive found with passat 2011 2.0 tdi bluemotion after 1 year

dieselal
26-08-2015, 04:01 AM
Ok after 1 years driving with this car (manual gearbox) there are a few design faults apart from the post I sent about two recent faults .
The side pillars are so wide they obscure views and I consider them a hazard , the rain runs down from the roof when the drivers window is slightly open and it runs directly into the window electrics in door, the car condensates inside badly compared to my audi a6 before , and the mpg (dealer rated figures) are highly exaggerated.
Its not the worst car ive owned , but in all honesty I find some of the build quality lacking to say the least , I do over 40k mileage a year and hope with all the silly electricaly assisted parts that things hold together.

DMitch16
03-10-2015, 01:19 AM
You will now know it's probably got higher emissions than it is supposed to have as well!! Due to the shape and lack of proper roof channels of both B6 and B7 models water always poors in through an open window and always onto the window electrics. The only way to prevent this is to fit wind deflectors.

Condensation inside is a problem as it should not happen in such a young car. This should be investigated as it may be a sign of another problem. My B6 is dry as a bone every winter and almost never condensates inside the front screen despite being 8 years old and having a large tear in the inner door seal. The climatronic is on every day though.

dieselal
07-10-2015, 01:57 AM
Thanks for the reply . I use my car as a taxi so maybe people with wet feet getting in and out constantly , whilst on exiting the car they leave the residue of water on my rubber mats. Also I don't use the aircon (yes this will keep the car condensation free I've noticed) but uses more fuel.
Found out today that my car is also one the millions affected with bogus software , VW said they don't know how and what the repair will be but they will contact everyone affected and repair at their cost... Will be interesting what repairs they must carry out to get the vehicles emission correct.

aletank
07-10-2015, 08:00 PM
Found out today that my car is also one the millions affected with bogus software , VW said they don't know how and what the repair will be but they will contact everyone affected and repair at their cost... Will be interesting what repairs they must carry out to get the vehicles emission correct. I wonder if the VW fix will affect MPG and or BHP output ?

dieselal
28-10-2015, 03:12 AM
It may affect both , im sure a company like VW would rectify this error and put the cars back on the road with as little alteration to performance as necessary , I do know that the 1.6 diesel engines affected will require modified injectors as well as software , the 2.0 litres will require just software , but its bit early atm to say what will happen. I would guess unless you can show the car has had the repair from VW , the car road tax may alter also, I don't know though. You cannot be made to have the repair so I will wait and get feedback before going ahead and having mine done. I just passed an MOT test with the ministry of transport depot that does taxis and buses and they said the software doesn't affect the emissions tests they carry out and mine went through ok.