PDA

View Full Version : 2 new faults

dieselal
26-08-2015, 03:44 AM
Hi, , Ive had my Passat 2011 b7 2.0 bluemotion manual car for almost a year and nth bad to report til now.
After changing both headlamp bulbs (nightmare to do) I noticed heavy condensation in drivers side lamp , I obviously checked the caps were all on tight and al seemed ok , it goes away ofc after driving with lights on but has returned twice in 3 days , granted we are getting some bad rain atm .
Also after a night of driving in bad weather again , as I pulled away after dropping off someone , the car gave this message "parking brake fault see handbook" .. I drive with auto hold applied and always dissenage the auto on /off button, I drove for an hr afterwards and used the handbrake manually when stopped .. started the car all ok .. parked and it engaged as expected and supposed to when I took out keys and left car , so im baffled .. did maybe water get somewhere on caliper ?.. and why is there that damn annoying condensation in lamp?.. any ideas guys please?:confused:

daveo138
26-08-2015, 07:05 AM
I haven't experienced the parking brake fault with my B7, but it was a very common problem on the B6.

The parking brake switch on the B6 was known to fail with alarming regularity. The warning message on the display would come and go.

When I had it serviced, I asked the dealer to investigate. They confirmed that the switch was faulty and quoted me over £90 to replace it. I declined their offer, bought a switch for £26 and fitted it in under three minutes.

Are you having your car serviced by VW?

dieselal
26-08-2015, 05:41 PM
No , Unless it requires heavy computer related fixing or diagnostics i use a mechanic ive used for over 25 years now, i do have mechanic contacts inside my Main VW dealership as well as someone who used to be a panel beater/ sprayer with VW , but main dealer have extravagant prices im afraid. I have driven the car today with no issues or warning alarms. im inclined to think perhaps water may have found its way onto sth as it was very heavy rainfall indeed last night. Thanks for the reply .