PDA

View Full Version : Question Audi A3 2013+ Daytime running lights explained

Delboyd12
23-08-2015, 03:50 PM
Hi all, just joined after this very forum answered several of my questions regarding the A3 I'm hoping to buy when my Fiesta gives up the ghost!

So, I'm definitely settled on the A3 Sportback at present, preferably with the 2.0 148ps TDI. Seems a beautiful car and I've seen nothing but positive reviews.

However, only thing I've found nothing about anywhere on the net is the daytime running lights. Are these ONLY on the S Line models? I want the LED strip that runs in a solid light across the top/bottom of the head lamp. Will I get these on the sport model? The specs on the Audi site list them as S line only but reviews say they're on the other models.

Can someone please explain with pics if possible!?

Many thanks!

Guest 2
23-08-2015, 04:04 PM
If you spec xenon or LED headlights you'll get them. Sport trim as standard has halogen headlights and a halogen drl.

Delboyd12
23-08-2015, 04:54 PM
Hm interesting, I see. Seems a bit stingey as most manufacturers seem to offer DRL as standard these days. Think I'll have to save up the extra for the S Line as they look extremely badass.

Do you have any idea if the 2015/16 models will have DRL as standard on lower models?

Guest 2
23-08-2015, 05:01 PM
All models have DRL. SE and Sport as standard have halogen headlights, which have a separate halogen DRL bulb. S-line models come as standard with Xenon which come with a LED DRL. SE and Sport can be specced with Xenon or LED headlights, S-line can be specced with the upgraded LED headlights.

Delboyd12
23-08-2015, 05:05 PM
My mistake, I meant LED DRL by simply 'DRL'. I always feel that Halogen DRL are relatively pointless as they're essentially just what would have been known as driving lights a few years ago. I like LED DRL as I feel they are a unique and beneficial safety feature on the roads. Countless times I have had extra attention brought to my side mirrors by the blue-y tint that they bring, alerting me to a passing car. Hopefully Audi will one day implement the badass 'strip' version across all trims.