PDA

View Full Version : Sony Ericson k750i support (or not)

Chris Lewis
05-10-2007, 06:04 PM
Recently bought a nearly new (Nov 06) Passat - one of the attractions being the integrated mobile phone system. Before buying it the dealer checked that a cradle was available for my phone (Sony Ericson K750i) and confirmed it was. After several attempts the cradle arrived. The system didn't work, and when the dealership referred the problem to VW technical support they were told that the system was compatible and that there must be a problem with bluetooth support in the car. Finally they were told by another dealership that there was no way the sytstem would work as the phone didn't support RSAP.

If this is true then why do VW offer a cradle for a phone that can never work with the rest of the system in the car?
Did they never think to test it?
Do they apply the same rigorous pre-production testing to other components such as airbags?

Initial response from VW was 'well at least the cradle charges the phone, isn't that enough?' No, not really.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Eclipse car Audio
11-10-2007, 11:31 AM
Hi

Never seen one of these but spoke to someone who has for you and this was his reply:-

Phone cradle has 2 buttons on it for emergency and info. Instructions say that pressing both these buttons within 5 seconds of switching the ignition on puts the kit into the learning mode. There should be a beep from the radio to show this has happened. I got no beep which led me to think that phone ECU is at fault.

Don't know if you have tried this but may be worth a go.