PDA

View Full Version : Starting issues

davidscott245
19-08-2015, 08:14 PM
2008 passatt 105 bhp 1.9
Bxe engine code

Starting issues bit of nightmare to start takes several attempts and foot right down on gas.
Drives spot on with no issues.
Been advised car has suspect faulty high pressure pump fault and airflow sensor fault.
Any help or direction appreciated. Thanks in advance. Dave

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

davidscott245
19-08-2015, 09:47 PM
2008 passatt 105 bhp 1.9
Bxe engine code.

Starting issues bit of nightmare to start takes several attempts and foot right down on gas.
Been advised car has suspect faulty high pressure pump fault and airflow sensor fault.

2008 passatt 105 bhp 1.9
Bxe engine code

davidscott245
20-08-2015, 02:51 PM
Bump

zollaf
20-08-2015, 04:57 PM
suspect high pressure pump fault, yep, thats would do it, maf fault, yep, that would do it. get the fault codes read and let us know what they are. without them we are clutching at straws. there is a port on the back of the tandem pump ( high pressure pump) to measure the fuel pressure. there is also an electric lift pump in the boot. injector seals can go, leading to a drop in fuel pressure. so, get those codes and report back..
oh and you need to use either vcds or another top computer, snap on , testbook, texa etc, not a 30 bob ebay jobby that only shows obd fauts, thats going to be next to useless.

davidscott245
20-08-2015, 05:18 PM
That's will do. Have ordered a maf sensor and high pressure pump ( secondhand) but off a working car . Will update findings . Thanks for advice.

davidscott245
21-08-2015, 04:30 PM
Replaced the high pressure fuel pump today --and hey presto problem sorted. Not received the maf yet but will fit once received. Used parts from local breakers but with 90 day guarantee £45 and about the same for the maf ( bosch). Thanks zollaf for ur input. Dave