PDA

View Full Version : '55 Passat - Disobedient Windows!

Romark2001
05-10-2007, 03:13 PM
Anyone else have trouble with the electric windows? Sometimes when I wind them up they will move a short time and then start to go down. Then the 1 touch "up" does not function and to raise the window back up you have to keep the switch depressed.
This morning it took a couple of stabs to get the window to go up.
A collegue told me he had a similar thing on a Merc and the dealer told him to reset the "window memory" by holding "down" and keeping depressed for a few seconds once the window was fully down and doing the same in reverse with window up.
Anyone else had a similar experience? Not a life threatening fault but bloomin' annoying when it is raining!

mluton
05-10-2007, 04:07 PM
Found this for a Skoda's, but give it a try, same cars.

Should your vehicle lose its one touch setting follow these simple steps, same applies for each window.

Step 1. With the window in the fully up position pull and hold the window switch into the up position again, you should hear a small click from the motor.

One touch is now set for that window.

Thats it.

Romark2001
05-10-2007, 04:15 PM
Thanks mluton. Will give that a try!

carl s
08-10-2007, 04:23 PM
Mine did this after a mate held his hand on the glass to show me the "anti-trap" feature. It wouldn't go up in a one go for a while until I kept my finger down on the switch for a while. Seems OK now

Romark2001
08-10-2007, 04:28 PM
Yeah, I tried it and it does seem to have worked!!
Thanks to all.

mluton
08-10-2007, 05:21 PM
Yeah, I tried it and it does seem to have worked!!
Thanks to all.

Nice one:biglaugh:

Romark2001
09-10-2007, 11:44 AM
Ah well, it did it again this morning so I guess there is a deeper issue! Perchance an errant squirrel or similar small mammal stuck down there!