PDA

View Full Version : Please Help TEC Pack

Greedy
18-08-2015, 09:56 AM
Hi All - Newbie first post here so excuse me if I get this wrong.

I am planning the purchase of a used 2015 A6 Avant S-Line and just now working with the dealer to find the right car. As always it is a compromise and more so as there are only a few 2015's available. Every car which comes close to meeting my spec/ colour preference does not have the Tech Pack and those that do have it are further away from my spec.

In terms of in-car then I use an iPhone 6, I tend to keep it on my belt clip except for longer journeys where historically it goes in a holder. I have free tethering so 'hotspot' for the kids in the back is sorted, I play my music from a USB drive. So it seems I am holding on to the Tech Pack for just the larger 'touch screen' navi. Unfortunately I am an Audi novice (I have been driving Honda's for years) so not used to a complicate options list.

So I guess the question is, what am I going to miss out on if I take standard S-Line Navi over the Tech Pack and is it worth holding out for. Need to make a quick decision as offers etc change 1st Sept.

Thanks

johnsimcox
18-08-2015, 10:52 AM
Hi All - Newbie first post here so excuse me if I get this wrong.

I am planning the purchase of a used 2015 A6 Avant S-Line and just now working with the dealer to find the right car. As always it is a compromise and more so as there are only a few 2015's available. Every car which comes close to meeting my spec/ colour preference does not have the Tech Pack and those that do have it are further away from my spec.

In terms of in-car then I use an iPhone 6, I tend to keep it on my belt clip except for longer journeys where historically it goes in a holder. I have free tethering so 'hotspot' for the kids in the back is sorted, I play my music from a USB drive. So it seems I am holding on to the Tech Pack for just the larger 'touch screen' navi. Unfortunately I am an Audi novice (I have been driving Honda's for years) so not used to a complicate options list.

So I guess the question is, what am I going to miss out on if I take standard S-Line Navi over the Tech Pack and is it worth holding out for. Need to make a quick decision as offers etc change 1st Sept.

Thanks

By not taking the tech pack you are primarily losing out on the better navigation system with access to Google maps and google's traffic information (basic nav only provides TMC based traffic info). Note also that neither Audi system is touch screen. You also do not get the colour instrument cluster with the ability to display the map between the rev counter and speedo. I am on my second C7 and I had originally planned to get the Tech Pack on the new car, however when it came to crunching the numbers I could not justify the extra monthly cost for a "nice to have", also the dealer said it would not affect the resale value of the car as it comes with sat nav as standard and from a second hand perspective it does not seem to make a difference. It was also not a case of the dealer trying to convince me to take a car without tech pack rather than do a factory order to get a quick sale as there were no suitable cars available with or without tech pack. Also with an iPhone6 (which I also have) you would need a separate SIM in the dash for the data connection as the iPhone does not support rSAP

Greedy
18-08-2015, 11:49 AM
Great, thanks. As I would not be putting a sim in the car then really I missing a 1/2" bigger screen and the colour DIS with map shown. Not worth missing out on the other items me thinks.