PDA

View Full Version : Question Service translation - second opinion

jollyo55
16-08-2015, 07:47 PM
Hi guys,

Bit of a newbie question, had my MOT done at the dealership a little while ago, they gave me a list of 'todo' items that I don't necessarily understand what all of them are. It'd be great if someone with more information and knowledge on the matter could translate what they mean, what their impact on the car is and how much they would cost/where I could find them.

1. POWER STEERING FLUID LEVEL OVER FILLED
2. REAR ANTI ROLL BAR CRACKED
3. BOTH FRONT C LIN BUSHES SPLIT
4. REAR FLEXI BRAKE PIPES STARTING TO CRACK WITH AGE

The only one I don't know is the C LIN BUSHES, no idea where they belong. I'm guessing they are shorthand names for something else.

I'd rather know what the price for the above items is so I can prepare, also if I can buy them and ask the friendly mechanic to do it that's even better as I can pick the items up myself.

Cheers!

zollaf
16-08-2015, 07:57 PM
thatll be the links for the anti roll bar. about 20 notes each tops and an hour for both. rear arb cracked would be a fail, as thats dangerous.

http://www.motuk.co.uk/manual_240.htm

section g covers anti roll bars. clearly states a crack is a fail.

jollyo55
16-08-2015, 08:04 PM
That' what I thought, surely if they're CRACKED they'd fail me but they passed it after some work on the stoplights. Not sure how 'cracked' that is.

I'll get in touch with them and get a quote off them then, nowI know what to expect.

Cheers!

zollaf
16-08-2015, 08:13 PM
maybe he mean the rear anti roll bar bushes ? that would just be an advise.

GeorgeE
17-08-2015, 11:54 AM
Rear anti roll bar bush collars cracking are very common. Mine have been like it for ages, Audi did an "advise" when they did the MOT, other testers haven't bothered. I very much doubt the bar itself is cracked - that would be a VOR fault!