PDA

View Full Version : Audi A3 2005-06 DIS

dev.gandhi
13-08-2015, 07:30 PM
Hi Guys,

New to this forum so bear with me.

I bought a second hand Audi A3 06 plate in 2013. Its a 1.9 TDI SE. It has cruise control and everything else so I've been puzzeld by the lack of DIS on the dashboard. I've been reading everywhere on the internet and have been to the local Audi service depot but I have not found a definitive answer. I stumbled upon a thread on this forum finally and decided to register and ask you guys to see if you can help. By reading on this thread, I figured that a DIS system can be installed, but I am unsure if it would be possible to do so on my car. Like I said it wasnt bugging me until recently. I wasnt able to post on this thread so Ive made a new one in this section.
http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php/50488-DIS-(Driver-information-System)-A3/page2

Here are some pictures of the dashboard. It has a temp display on the rev counter and it also displays service miles and another number along with the trip meter. The bit where the door open/close and other system info displays seems to one where if enabled would display the other information i feel, however I may be wrong.

Can a DIS system be installed on this car? If so how and what would I require. I've recently started doing long daily motorway trips would quite like it to display how much I am averaging everyday.

Guest 2
13-08-2015, 07:46 PM
You can retrofit yes but you will need a new cluster with the lcd screen.

dev.gandhi
13-08-2015, 08:27 PM
are they only available from the Audi shop?

makepeace_85
21-01-2016, 04:36 PM
My a3 has zero DIS and no cruise but is a 12 plate.
I'm hoping NHN can work some magic for me.
I'm desperate for some white and black display.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk