PDA

View Full Version : Polo door lock

westie383
01-08-2006, 09:32 PM
Hi,
The drivers side door lock on our 2001 Polo has packed up and just turns around. I have taken the handle assembly off to have a look at it and the alloy casting which holds the lock has broken away, so it looks like I will need the whole lot. Has anyone had experience of this, and if so, how much for parts and it it a main dealer job? :confused:

Many thanks,
Trev..

MARTIND
05-08-2006, 07:56 PM
HI.
i had a 1998 polo and the central locking went on the passenger door.
my friend who is a mechanic bought a new handle which was genuine volkswagen for 18 inc vat. he just took the old barrel out and put it in the new handle for me. took 10 mins.this kept my old key working and central locking working. i think the handle is arond 30 quid from vw. so get someone you know in the car trade to order it.

westie383
05-08-2006, 09:55 PM
Hi Martin,
Thanks for the reply. I took the complete door handle off and took it along to my local VW dealers yesterday. They brought up the parts diagram on the PC and showed me the list of bits required. Fortunatly there was one off the VW technicians at the counter at the same time and he took the handle and new bits away, came back a few minutes later and the job was done for less than £10, fitting F.O.C. It's restored my faith in the VW dealers again for a while. ;)