PDA

View Full Version : Audi A4 heater problem

Scottie173
05-10-2007, 11:10 AM
Hi All, there seem to be a lot of knowledgeable people out there, hopefully you can offer some advice?

I have an R reg Audi A4 Avant, only had it about 6 months but now that it's getting colder I've found that the heater is not working - it is blowing but can't get any hot (or even warm) air out.

Any simple solutions / checks I should do before taking it to a garage?

Any advice welcome

Many thanks

nickynibbles
05-10-2007, 03:30 PM
What you need to do is invest £15 in buying a vag-com cable on ebay, dowload the software for free from www.rosstech.com and check out whats wrong on the car. It could be anything from the climate control unit, to a motor actuator not opening a flap & letting hot air into the car, or the heat exchanger itself. Do what the garage will do, plug it into a computer & find out that way what is wrong!

hagis
08-10-2007, 10:49 AM
Hi Scottie,

I had this problem as well. I drive around with the car cold most of the time (on my half) and when I came to turn the heating up it didn't get hotter (despite the missus's half of the car working perfectly). I kept the setting on hot for a day and it started working, I think the actuator had jammed. It's been fine since but I'm keeping an eye on it.

ini
08-10-2007, 01:42 PM
If you have 'Aircon', you can use the onboard diagnostics to identify the heater problem:

http://www.audiworld.com/tech/int5.shtml