PDA

View Full Version : Text messages and tech pack

silky6053
10-08-2015, 10:47 PM
Hi Guys

My A6 Avant S-line with tech pack is being delivered next month. I have an iPhone 6 so will need a data sim for the for use with Audi connect.

One of the features of the tech pack is that text messages and emails can be read out on receipt. Does anyone know whether the car will read the messages received by the in dash sim, or whether the messages will come via the iPhone? Obviously dependent upon which number the messages are sent to. It's not clear from the literature or I may have missed something!

Thanks

Glynn

ch_79
10-08-2015, 11:04 PM
Definitely works with the iphone 6.

Not sure about the in car sim as no need to try when the phone works!

silky6053
10-08-2015, 11:10 PM
Great. Thanks.

belly buster
11-08-2015, 07:23 PM
Hi Guys

My A6 Avant S-line with tech pack is being delivered next month. I have an iPhone 6 so will need a data sim for the for use with Audi connect.

One of the features of the tech pack is that text messages and emails can be read out on receipt. Does anyone know whether the car will read the messages received by the in dash sim, or whether the messages will come via the iPhone? Obviously dependent upon which number the messages are sent to. It's not clear from the literature or I may have missed something!

Thanks

Glynn

You have to decide whether you are going to use the dash sim or the iphone for voice. It's one or the other. If you choose the iphone then it will not read your messages; but Siri will. Just hold the iphone button and Siri will connect over bluetooth and you can ask him/her to read your messages.

EDIT: I see someone has posted a different answer. Maybe the MY15 is different but the MY14 doesn't read the iphone messages.

pany
15-08-2015, 08:38 AM
Just make sure you enable notifications on the iPhone as part of the BT connection and the car will display and read your texts.