PDA

View Full Version : Passat b5.5 2.5 tdi alternator / drive (serpentine) belt replacement.

garyjwilson
03-08-2015, 07:41 PM
Heard the belt snap whilst driving the car earlier and immediately lost power steering as well as ALTERNATOR WORKSHP ! showing on dash...
Can anyone please advise how to replace the alternator belt on my car... Preferably point me in the direction of a you tube video or pictoral guide etc.
Most of the ones I can find are related to the replavcement for the alternator itself which requires removal of the front of the car...I was hoping I could do the job without having to remove the front but don't know if that's possible or not...
I also forund this videobut it says ity is for a 1.8T...so not sure it would be suitable for my 2.5 TDI
How To Install Replace Alternator Power Steering Engine Belt Volkswagen Passat 1.8T 1AAuto.com - YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czAxcOXWL58)
Thanks in advance for any help.

Doctle Odd
03-08-2015, 08:26 PM
Front in the service position to replace the belt, it only takes a few minutes, looks daunting but the 2nd time you do it the job is as daunting as a bowl of trifle