PDA

View Full Version : Canbus or not?

Bonzo67
03-08-2015, 03:51 PM
Hi, as a total newbie to the range, do the A4's B8.5 run a canbus system?

Its more to do with LED bulb fitting, do I just get standard ED or canbus error free?

I have a bag of 501 capless that i removed from my Discovery 3 before I traded it I, but can I find what I have done with them lol.
Was going to do he 501 LED in the cargo area and one on the tailgate, boot lid.

Thanks in advance.

B5NUT
03-08-2015, 04:00 PM
The B8 is can-bus so you will need error free LED's.

Bonzo67
03-08-2015, 04:40 PM
The B8 is can-bus so you will need error free LED's.

Thank you for clarifying this.

Ok, so I am now sorted for the festoon interior lights.

Can the map reading lamps, bulbs be replaced or are they more a fixed diode type light?
If they can be replaced, how do we get access to them without scratching the cowl to pieces?

PomcaT
03-08-2015, 10:34 PM
Can the map reading lamps, bulbs be replaced or are they more a fixed diode type light?
If they can be replaced, how do we get access to them without scratching the cowl to pieces?

When I did mine, I followed this:

Audi B8 Interior LED Kit Installation Guided by USP Motorsports - YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7iAlR3nzzY)

It was quite simple to do. :)

RichA4
03-08-2015, 10:34 PM
All interior lights can be replaced with LED's.

I have done so with my 2014 BE ;)

Bonzo67
04-08-2015, 11:29 AM
Ah brilliant & thank you.

2 min job, done.

Bonzo67
05-08-2015, 07:20 PM
Got all of the interior lights swopped over for LEDs, with exception to the one in the boot lid, as it stops the lug on the LED from seating home fully.

Also going to try x Red LED for either rear passenger light or maybe in map reading lights, with Red not as hard on the eyes at night. Think HGVs lol.
Or if in rear light unit, may be able to run with Red on for seeing better n the car when travelling. (I know he 4x4 guys did the Red light thing a few years back on the Disco3/4 forum)