PDA

View Full Version : Up! Arrived, earnin' it's keep

Rob69
02-08-2015, 09:49 AM
After some deliberation over changing the old touran battlewagon for a new Up, it's done, new car pressed into service a few weeks back. Doing everything it was bought to do; short trips, round the doors, decent drive in traffic and round town, never been further than 10 miles in a single trip or been on an open road, but that will be few and far between.
I got it in its raw state from the dealers after requesting they leave their auto glym treatment off. Got to clean, polish and wax soon and got some Dynax S50 for the shiny black bits underneath, time and weather permitting.
Only minor irritation is no engine temp gauge and seatbelt recoil is viscious, missus tends to just let it go, already paint chipped off the painted window sill.
Quiet bit of the forum for the Up, but might get round to posting a few pics of dynax treatment and topsides tart up.

Guest 2
02-08-2015, 09:51 AM
They seem to be getting popular around my local area, I've seen the same ones 4 or 5 times now. Would be interested to see some pictures, how is it on fuel economy?

Rob69
02-08-2015, 10:03 AM
Haven't looked at fuel figures yet, i tend to do it fill to fill and work out average over a few tanks, quite a few round our way now as well. Much better drive than i was expecting, missus likes it to, but shes pretty indifferent with any car. Its solid red standard colour paint, so should come up good with some quality carnauba wax, once its been cleaned. Some iron dust flecks to remove first, must be off the train ride from czech republic, then ferry to Hull.