PDA

View Full Version : Audi A4 B8 Sport Suspension not level

Oracle
30-07-2015, 12:10 PM
Hi,

I have a 2014 A4 2.0 ltr diesel multitronic sline running on sports suspension with 14k on the clock. I have noticed that it always sits 10mm lower on the drivers side front and back, is this normal? Has anyone else noticed this strange setup on B8.5 s lines? My previous B7 didn't sit differently. It drives fine, just looks odd.

nukeproof
30-07-2015, 12:34 PM
The sports is 10mm lower than sline and the sline is 20mm lower than standard. Sounds like you have half sports, half sline, jack it up to expose the spring to check if you can see any identification numbers?

Oracle
30-07-2015, 02:20 PM
I'll certainly have a look but I'll be very surprised if Audi didn't put the same spec parts on all 4 corners.

Oracle
30-07-2015, 07:51 PM
I can't see any spots on any of the springs, I suspect they are on the spring seats so hidden unless you remove them. I might take it to my independent garage to check it out and perhaps swap left to right, that will determine if it's the springs or just the way the suspension is setup. I have noticed a couple of slines today and they look the same as mine so suspect Audi will say it's within tolerances.

Alan02
30-07-2015, 09:18 PM
The colour codes are just about always visible on the coils so I doubt you will see any on the seat area. If the car was bought 2nd hand there is a possibility aftermarket spring/s are fitted.

Oracle
30-07-2015, 09:29 PM
I'll have another look at the weekend. Car was an Audi demo so doubt it's been modified

Boy
30-07-2015, 10:09 PM
I have heard of a car not being properly prepared by the supplying dealer when new and the packing inside the coil springs being left in.
The owner was surprised at how stiff was the suspension until another dealer spotted the packing on routine service.
Perhaps yours still has a bit of packing on one side!

Oracle
30-07-2015, 11:26 PM
Nothing obvious when looking for the spots, ride is ok as well, bit soft if anything.

junchen
10-08-2015, 04:18 PM
What I have read online is that our rides are designed predominantly for LHD (largest market Germany, China, USA, Europe ex UK, etc , where driver sits on the left side. Thus, for RHD cars, one side is always lower.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Oracle
10-08-2015, 06:53 PM
I think you may be right, I went to the dealership on Saturday to collect some paperwork and whilst there I had a look at a couple of B8.5 slines and they sat just like mine, lower on the right. So mines not faulty, just leans over by design