PDA

View Full Version : Question Audi 3.0 TDi

Bobbysur
29-07-2015, 01:39 PM
Hi All I have a Audi 3.0 tdi 2006 automatic it seem I have an issue when setting off and pulling from a junction quickly. I feel the car has a delay to get going then it speeds off. Do other drivers have the same issue?

Scott K
29-07-2015, 07:51 PM
Is it multi tronic or tiptronic? If tiptronic (more than likely) then it does have a delay and pretty well documented in the forums. Can be improved by dropping into sport. Would help if you said what model of Audi you have.

robin_bga
29-07-2015, 10:25 PM
Hi I suggest that while you at what Scott told u, do a scan n tells us what it's reporting.
However I have a feeling that u might need a new fuel pump.
Cheers

VW Bora V5, AGZ, 99, 5speed Manual Tranny.

Bobbysur
31-07-2015, 02:04 PM
I have a 3.0 Quattro triptronic box I thought having a 3.0 it will be livelier. I did have an issue with that car the coil light came on at high speed and went into limp mode. I think I will get the filter changed and may consider a remap thanks for the advise.

Scott K
31-07-2015, 02:47 PM
My one did the same and it was a fault which only showed up when I was driving quickly and braking hard. Disappeared as soon as you stop and restart the engine. I heard that it could be related to having the wrong bulb in the brake lights but I traded it in about 6 months later.

MarkTM
15-09-2015, 03:36 PM
Get the fluid and filter changed (every 80k miles according to ZF) and when they have dropped the pan ensure they do the internal bolt tightening sequence which does improve change up/down between 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

rowdy-999
15-09-2015, 09:39 PM
It should take off like a scalded cat, whatever gearbox mode you are in. Fix the problem rather than getting a remap.

viperjng
16-09-2015, 04:32 AM
Hi,

As rightfully pointed out this is a issue with the 3.0tdi quattro in "D" mode. However you have to ensure to stomp the pedal all the way down for it to shoot. There is a minor lag which reduces in Sport mode but not eliminated. my car is remapped and it has helped a bit.

Have driven 3 other cars and all have the same issue so I can safely eliminate a problem in mine.

Jignesh