PDA

View Full Version : heating/cooling not working Passat CC 2010

BAXTER14
26-07-2015, 01:02 PM
Hi everyone
Im in need of some help before i get rid of this car coz its driving me round the bend!
My climate control does not heat or cool constantly.
If i set at 18deg or 22 deg for example all i can get is the outside airflow temp, if i keep pressing A/C on and off repeatedly it will all of a sudden start blowing nice cold air then for no reason it blows whatever the outside temp is.
The fan works fine and the directional works fine it just wont blow hot or cold.
I took it to be regassed but the technician said there was enough gas in it already.

Any help/advise very welcome.

Guest 2
26-07-2015, 01:05 PM
You've missed out on an important step; get it scanned for faults with VCDS or VW.

BAXTER14
26-07-2015, 01:15 PM
Thats my next step Chris but my nearest VW dealer is 6o miles away, i was just seeing if there was something well known to others i could try first.

BenR
10-08-2015, 09:23 AM
There is nothing on a modern car that an amateur can hope to understand; the days of a roadside fix with a length of bailing twine or a bent paperclip are long gone. Your car has more data paths than a Boeing 737 so the compiuter is the only possibly diagnostic tool. The problem then is that nobody will ever try to repair it; they will just carry on fitting replacement parts at your expense in the hope of solving the problem.