PDA

View Full Version : Assistance required

YellowA4
23-07-2015, 03:13 PM
Hello everyone.

I was after some assistance. I have a VW Tiguan that has a fault than nobody seems able to fix and VW are refusing to do anything more to assist.

I have a case open with the 'Executive Team' who are trying to brush it aside and put the blame back on the dealer who don't know what more they can do.

I need to complain to someone higher and I was wondering if anyone had an email contact for the right person?

Any help would be appreciated.

TIA

Doctle Odd
23-07-2015, 03:14 PM
What is the fault?

YellowA4
23-07-2015, 03:20 PM
The EML light and sometimes the traction light illuminates and the car goes into limp mode. Its very dangerous as it usually happens when your pulling away from a junction.

I have VCDS and it faults to the Acceleration Position Sensor. Car has been into VW 11 times in 3 years and had about 4 pedals, 2 patches in the loom, a new loom and an ECU all of which haven't cured it.

The vehicle was under warranty when it was first looked at and there has never been a gap of more than a year between attempts. Therefore it should remain under warranty as it is the same repetitive fault. 3 dealers so far have given up and said they can't or don't want to do anything about it.

Volkswagens response is a joke, and I am banging my head against a brick wall.

FYI 2010 VW Tiguan 2.0 TSI 170ps DSG

Sam
23-07-2015, 03:50 PM
Welcome to VWAF :)

Have a look at this - VWVortex.com - TPS - 3rd time with bad throttle position sensor grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.... (http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5467131-TPS-3rd-time-with-bad-throttle-position-sensor-grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr) - which suggests a new wiring harness is required.

Convincing your dealership to do the work based on something you found on the internet however...

YellowA4
23-07-2015, 03:55 PM
It has already had the loom patched, re-made and then replaced. Still no joy!

Doctle Odd
23-07-2015, 07:12 PM
Where in the UK are you? There's at least 3 very clever tenacious mechanics on this site on a regular basis

Sam
24-07-2015, 09:36 AM
It has already had the loom patched, re-made and then replaced. Still no joy!

Apologies, I appear to have overlooked that in your earlier post.

Did you purchase new? When did the fault first occur?

Edit: As for contact details, a quick Google suggests you could email Martin Winterkorn using the following formatting; Firstname[dot]surname@volkswagen[dot]de

YellowA4
24-07-2015, 10:32 AM
No I bought it used, but it had been in for the fault 4-5 times by the original owner before I purchased it. There has never been a break of more than a year between visits for the same fault and therefore the original warranty should remain for that fault.

I wanted to try and keep in within VW UK at present, although I will take it higher if required. I have tried paul.willis@volkswagen.co.uk but it got returned unsent.

Thanks

YellowA4
24-07-2015, 10:33 AM
Oh,

Based north Herefordshire.

Sam
24-07-2015, 11:05 AM
No I bought it used, but it had been in for the fault 4-5 times by the original owner before I purchased it. There has never been a break of more than a year between visits for the same fault and therefore the original warranty should remain for that fault.

I wanted to try and keep in within VW UK at present, although I will take it higher if required. I have tried paul.willis@volkswagen.co.uk but it got returned unsent.

Were you aware of the fault when you purchased the vehicle?

You could try alex.smith@volkswagen.co.uk for he is the MD of Volkswagen Passenger Vehicles UK

Crasher
24-07-2015, 11:31 AM
It would be interesting to know the cars build date as the pedal system was revised 01/05/2009 and then again on 01/06/2010 and that pedal was again revised 01/01/2012 so it would be helpful to know the part number of the pedal fitted. Is it a CBBB or CFGB engine? This is a common problem on the PQ35 cars and the standard procedure is to replace the six pins in the plug to the pedal with gold plated contacts under TPI 2026392/4 which sounds like it has been done.

YellowA4
24-07-2015, 11:48 AM
Car is 2011 model year, registered Dec 2010. It has a CCZC engine code, however I do not know the exact build date.

I am unaware if the contacts have been changed or if the pedal assembly was simply replaced..........

Crasher
24-07-2015, 12:43 PM
If I was looking at it the first two things I would do is make sure pedal 1K2 723 503 AH was fitted and that the pins in the plug were gold plated.

YellowA4
24-07-2015, 01:10 PM
Sounds like a plan, can I quote that TPI, or you don't happen to have a copy?

Crasher
24-07-2015, 04:54 PM
They should easily be able to look it up against your cars details.

YellowA4
27-07-2015, 02:01 PM
Apparently the Gold Plated connections have already been fitted :zx11:

YellowA4
27-07-2015, 02:42 PM
Is it ok to post Volkswagens response which is laughable?

zollaf
27-07-2015, 03:15 PM
be rude not to really. lol

Crasher
27-07-2015, 06:19 PM
Did they establish which pedal is fitted?

YellowA4
28-07-2015, 01:34 PM
Dear Mr J....

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me on 20 July. I am writing, as agreed, to confirm the outcome of our investigation.

I appreciate that your expectations of reliability and build quality are high when you purchase a Volkswagen and any failure is
most disappointing. However, it is not always possible to guarantee the lifespan of any individual component. It is for this
reason why all new Volkswagens are supplied with a comprehensive three year or 60,000 miles warranty, whichever arrives first.

I have liaised with Simon Jackson, Aftersales Manager at Inchcape Volkswagen Shrewsbury, who has explained that you purchased
your Volkswagen Tiguan independently and have experienced issues with the vehicle since you bought it. Inchcape has carried out
a diagnosis which uncovered faults with the throttle pedal, Simon also advised previous repairs had been carried out to this
component. They proceeded to clear the faults and road tested the vehicle; no charge was made for this work being carried out.

As you have indicated that you are unhappy with this and the information provided by other Retailers who have previously
inspected your vehicle, I would recommend seeking an alternative opinion from another Volkswagen Retailer. Any further diagnosis
will be chargeable.

Contact details for all Volkswagen UK Retailers can be found via the link below:

www.volkswagen.co.uk/find-a-retailer (http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/find-a-retailer)

I appreciate that you remain dissatisfied with your experience and the outcome of my investigation; however, this is our final
position on the matter. You may wish to contact Motor Codes Limited, who are able to offer independent advice on disputes within
the motor industry. I have provided their details below:

Motor Codes Advice Line – 0800 692 0825
Website – www.motorcodes.co.uk (http://www.motorcodes.co.uk/)

Thank you for contacting Volkswagen UK.

Kind regards

Shayma Hassan
Customer Relations Manager – Executive Office
Volkswagen Customer Services Centre
Tel: 0333 003 7199
E-mail: executive.office@volkswagen.co.uk
Internet: www.volkswagen.co.uk (http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/)

YellowA4
28-07-2015, 01:38 PM
Does anyone have a legal background as to where I stand taking this to court as 'unfit for purpose'

Thanks