PDA

View Full Version : dealership lost my service book

warp_speed
14-07-2015, 10:39 AM
looking for some advice, bought myself an S4 2010, recently which came with a full Audi service history, happy as a pig in mud. To keep the Audi service history up to date I booked it into my local Audi dealer for an health check and oil change. Picked up the car and the service book was missing, turns out they have lost it and will provide a replacement and will send it around the various dealerships to get the stamps and history replaced.

But I've seen the replacement and it has duplicate marked all over it and a statement which reads that information contained within it might not be accurate or something along those lines.

I've also read about the details in the service book being used to obtain V5 documents and clone cars, and service books being stolen to order.

The dealership stated that resale value won't be effected and I shouldn't be concerned about the security of my car and consider the matter closed.

Can anyone provide any idea in what else I can do.... i find it hard to believe that a large dealership can lose a service book so easily. :(

warp_speed
16-07-2015, 04:42 PM
Wow was informed from an independent Audi dealer that he wouldn't be interested in my car without the original service book if I traded it in. Too risky a car to buy without the original service book and would drop the trade in price by another %20.... Sounds like crap to me but can it really be that my dealership losing my service book and receipts just cost me a couple of grand in the value of my car... I feel like crying :confused:

Audi UK dismissed it as an issue and said that its all the history is within their computer network, so I guess thats fine as long as I trade my car into an Audi dealership who are just happy to offer a fair price.

Asked for an investigation into how my service book could be lost in a flag ship dealership thats never lost a service book in 8 years and has check in/out procedures for service books, but lost my one without giving a **** about finding out what happend to their process.

Anyone want to buy an S4?? :(

Doctle Odd
16-07-2015, 06:26 PM
You can take it back and get a refund.

Eshrules
17-07-2015, 07:59 AM
Asked for an investigation into how my service book could be lost in a flag ship dealership thats never lost a service book in 8 years and has check in/out procedures for service books, but lost my one without giving a **** about finding out what happend to their process.

What was the outcome of their investigation?

EssexGonzo
17-07-2015, 09:44 AM
Couldn't you get full print outs of the entire history from Audi UK or a dealer? I wouldn't trust the book alone - it's far easier to fake than a pile of invoices.

Soot1e
17-07-2015, 02:15 PM
Couldn't you get full print outs of the entire history from Audi UK or a dealer? I wouldn't trust the book alone - it's far easier to fake than a pile of invoices.

That is probably why new Audi's don't have a servicing book with blocks to stamp, just a book with a pocket for the computer print outs to go into once the service has been carried out.

warp_speed
17-07-2015, 03:16 PM
Never bought it from a dealership, bought it from Arnold Clark.

warp_speed
17-07-2015, 03:17 PM
What was the outcome of their investigation?

Their investigation stated it was lost, nothing more. If anything dodgy is going on they ain't saying. Doubt I will ever know what happened to it.

warp_speed
17-07-2015, 03:18 PM

That is what Audi UK stated was the solution, duplicate handbook with stamps and new invoices from the various Audi dealerships. I also requested a letter stating what happened to the original book.

b206
17-07-2015, 07:41 PM
I had the same problem with my previous A4 - didn't devalue the car, but needs to be serviced by Audi from new for this to work. Otherwise who knows what work has been carried out.
You need a print out all work done by Audi - have it all stamped up - then make a note in the book when it was lost and that all work thus far has been Audi only. The new buyer can be confident that the service book is correct and an independent can be used (if they prefer).

Pain in the backside - as you say Audi treat this as a non-issue. Problems arise when it has been serviced by an indie as it's obviously not on their system.