PDA

View Full Version : Peter (New To The Forum) Audi A4 B7 2.0TDI 140 Cabriolet Final Edition

RollingCoal
11-07-2015, 10:39 PM
Hi all,

Bought a 09 final edition cab back in January its a 2.0TDI 140, done a few basic mods to the car.

Mods so far: black grill badges, debadged the boot, pressed plates and number plate holders, led number plate lights.

Mods in progress: Car is currently in the garage getting re-mapped at Optimum Tuning, as well as going in for a full service new discs pads and tyres.

Future mods: Black grill, stainless cat back straight through, VMR710 19", wrap all external aluminium trim black.

Had some issues with it some resolved some not, the roof only lifts a few inches (commutator issue? not really looked into it) DPF light has been on several times put the car into limp mode, VAG-COM said 80% blocked, done a forced re-gen now shows 0% and since they are an absolute b***h to get out its stopping for the time being,

Doctle Odd
11-07-2015, 11:11 PM
Hello mate
Lovely motor! it's a good idea to hide your reg on a public forum as the police rely on too much on ANPR (IMO) and a cloned reg plate can guarantee free passage. The car will run better and clear the DPF if you give her 20 minutes at 60+ MPH with the revs over 2K rpm once a month

Guest 2
12-07-2015, 08:56 AM
Nice looking car, always liked the special edition. What do your journeys involve daily? Maybe consider getting the DPF gutted and mapped out to suit.

RollingCoal
12-07-2015, 12:35 PM
Hello mate
Lovely motor! it's a good idea to hide your reg on a public forum as the police rely on too much on ANPR (IMO) and a cloned reg plate can guarantee free passage. The car will run better and clear the DPF if you give her 20 minutes at 60+ MPH with the revs over 2K rpm once a month

Will remember that for future, cheers for the heads up, Peter http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon14.png

RollingCoal
12-07-2015, 12:43 PM
i dont really use it daily mostly at the weekends, im always working, mainly short journeys but i do drive down the motorway a few times a month at 80mph for a good half hour, maybe it was blocked in the first place, have not got the car back from the garage yet hope it has vastly improved, i was going to get the dpf removed but the garage where i have sent it to get remapped has re-generated it and he said its now in like new condition and it would be a shame to take it out when it is in such good condition.

Guest 2
12-07-2015, 01:17 PM
Yes but with your style of journeys it will block up again as it's not getting up to proper temperature (500+ c) to actively regen. Is get it gutted to save your oil, engine and your patience with it.

Doctle Odd
12-07-2015, 01:18 PM
i dont really use it daily mostly at the weekends, im always working, mainly short journeys but i do drive down the motorway a few times a month at 80mph for a good half hour, maybe it was blocked in the first place, have not got the car back from the garage yet hope it has vastly improved, i was going to get the dpf removed but the garage where i have sent it to get remapped has re-generated it and he said its now in like new condition and it would be a shame to take it out when it is in such good condition.

DPF removal is also illegal :)

RollingCoal
12-07-2015, 03:53 PM
Yes but with your style of journeys it will block up again as it's not getting up to proper temperature (500+ c) to actively regen. Is get it gutted to save your oil, engine and your patience with it.

See how things go this time, i want it removing but its the hassle of getting it out i have tried getting it out but it has to come out past all of the egr and stuff and some of the bolts are seized, the garage its in at the moment make a pretty good job might get it done at a later date