PDA

View Full Version : Have you got a multichanger?

hagis
03-10-2007, 11:06 PM
I've previously posted this in the general thread but have had no responses, sorry if you've read this before.

I won a multichanger for my 02 A4 on eBay and went to fit it this weekend, however it seems that it might not be the right type.

As you can (hopefully) see from the attached image, the two spaces in the glovebox aren't the right width or dept to fit the multichanger in.

Before I waste any more time, will this unit work with my car? I have the Chorus stereo (like the one in this picture:
http://www.forum-auto.com/uploads/20...3_sept_045.jpg (http://www.forum-auto.com/uploads/200409/fastmanu_1094660703_sept_045.jpg))

RickT
04-10-2007, 12:48 AM
Hi,

You have got the right changer.

it appears that the standard glove box is cut out on the top to provide as much space as possible as the auto changer is not standard.

I have attachted a few photos of mine, note, mine is a right hand drive, so you will be looking at putting the auto changer closest to the central console... (saying that.. the first picture is ov a left hand drive, (i guess thats an pic from the net,) and your pic is a right hand drive...

Anyway..

Below is a picture of mine to give you an idea of how it should look..

Rick

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s13/RickT_album/EDITCHANGER.jpg

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s13/RickT_album/EDIT3.jpg

hagis
04-10-2007, 10:46 AM
Hi Rick,

Thanks for taking the time to photograph the inside of your car for me!

It seems that the divider on the top section of the glove box is in a different place on yours than it is on mine. I'm guessing I'm going to have to cut the back of the glovebox out to accomodate for the depth of the multichanger.

I'll have a look at it this weekend, I couldn't get the stereo out with the keys I bought last time so I'm going to try some blunted hacksaw blades and pushing the radio from behind.

RickT
04-10-2007, 07:19 PM
I hjave just looked closer, and the self on mine comes out further on the right hand side compared to on the left.. if you look close, you will see the curve from the left of the auto changer back to the open section.

So.../

I would not cut a hole as i dont know if you will have the depth behind even it you cut.

I would suggest trying some breakers yards to see if they have a glove box inlay..

Rick

hagis
04-10-2007, 10:47 PM
Thanks Rick, I'll have a look at the car over the weekend and then take it from there.

paul b
07-10-2007, 12:39 PM
Your probably regretting not getting a boot mounted one. I got the boot mounted multichanger and cradle on e-bay for £55. Plugged it in and worked! Hooray!
Paul

hagis
08-10-2007, 10:48 AM
I consider that, but the hassle of putting the wiring loom in put me off.

SquashMan
17-10-2007, 06:05 PM
Hey Hagis,

Have you managed to sort out your changer?

And to all, I am too after a glovebox changer for my 02 B6 A4. I've noticed a couple of different part numbers:-

4E0 035 111 A (apparently out of a A6) &
8E0 035 111D

Can I get either?

TIA

hagis
18-10-2007, 01:33 PM
Hi Squashman,

I've been too busy decorating to have a look at it yet, I might have crack at it this weekend. I've no ideas about the part numbers though. If you like, I can have a look at the model number when I get home tonight.

hagis
19-10-2007, 07:51 AM
8E0 035 111D is the part number on my multichanger, I've no idea about the other one.

SquashMan
19-10-2007, 02:40 PM
Thanks Hagis :)

Let me know how you get on fitting your changer.

SM

interceptor
22-11-2007, 07:25 PM
Hi Hagis - did you manage to fit your changer? I am looking for a changer too on ebay and I wanted to know if the wiring loom is behind the glovebox or do I have to buy that seperately? THanks.

hagis
23-11-2007, 01:49 PM
Hi Interceptor - I'm ashamed to say I've still not got round to fitting it yet! With a baby on the way I've been busy with the house.

I've not checked for a loom in the glovebox, I assumed it didn't have one (I think I got that impression from here). I bought one from eBay for about £15.