PDA

View Full Version : Remapped 2.7tdi avant Quattro

poosnip
05-07-2015, 08:09 AM
Hi guys,

It has been a while since I posted.
I just remapped my a6 2.7tdi avant (a heavy lump)

Can anyone else share their experience of this?

Poo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Guest 2
05-07-2015, 09:12 AM
experience of what in which way? who was it mapped by?

poosnip
05-07-2015, 09:17 AM
Remapped by an outfit in Huddersfield who put a promotion on vwaudi forum recently... Expected loads more power and touque but it doesn't feel like that. There is more urge, but then the gearbox will kick down unnecessarily sometimes .... I haven't really driven it enough I don't think ...I have lent it to my mum until her new motor arrives.

Guest 2
05-07-2015, 09:19 AM
i have no complaints about my revo map, smooth power delivery and can shift rightly.

was the car data logged on the road before and after mapping? did the car receive a mechanical inspection before remapping? dyno'd?

poosnip
05-07-2015, 09:22 AM
When I get it back I will give it the full beans... But I will get a. Report from a 65 year old lady in about a week....she has already said -pre remapp- that my car is very thirsty!

Guest 2
05-07-2015, 09:23 AM
bare in mind it will take the ecu sometime to recalculate all its values after being wiped and reflashed although this may only take a couple of days.

poosnip
05-07-2015, 09:26 AM
Yes .... The remapper did say it will improve with time.... I hope so... Because so far it's a 'bit' more powerful not what I was expecting. No dyno no data logging .... The map was downloaded from his suppliers once the recived my stock engine map

I only drove it 45 miles back from Huddersfield to drop it off at my mums. I told her it was remapped for more performance and will speak to her for an update in a week. Then. I will drive it again. Perhaps by then the ecu would have settled

bops6
05-07-2015, 10:52 AM
It will take the ecu couple of days to adapt to new peramiters.
You should notice more than a bit of difference, mine certainly was noticeable when it had just a remap.
Mine will still sometimes kick down unnecessarily instead of using the torque available, I override using paddles now.

2007 3.0tdi le mans
hybrid turbo, decat,miltek, 20's etc
330-350 bhp
450-500lbst

poosnip
09-07-2015, 09:32 AM
Yep... I finally drove the car yesterday. I started driving it like I normally would and the car surged forward .... I yelled 'holly sh*t!' . God knows what that lady and her friend were thinking as I tore past........ My windows were down at the time