PDA

View Full Version : Is sound insulating glass any good?

vince47
28-06-2015, 09:29 PM
I have just ordered my SE Business estate with the 'Sound Insulating front and rear' glass option. I have taken a chance as I havent been able to try a car with it and even a google around hasnt given me much info about it. I sort of feel that if it was any good there would be some db with/without figures available from VW. I might ask them. Anyone got any idea of its effectiveness, subjective or otherwise? Even after my 16week delivery wait I probably wont be much wiser when it arrives

vince47
30-06-2015, 04:55 PM
I have just ordered my SE Business estate with the 'Sound Insulating front and rear' glass option. I have taken a chance as I havent been able to try a car with it and even a google around hasnt given me much info about it. I sort of feel that if it was any good there would be some db with/without figures available from VW. I might ask them. Anyone got any idea of its effectiveness, subjective or otherwise? Even after my 16week delivery wait I probably wont be much wiser when it arrives

fyi:VW UK say the Sound Deadening Glass/Sound Insulating Glass produces a 2db noise reduction in the car. I would assume that most of that is going to be a wind noise reduction. Another positive advantage is that I wont hear 'music' so loud from cars whose owners like their music at full blast, esp. if those cars have also got this option fitted

neilos100
30-06-2015, 05:07 PM
No experience with Audi and this glass but had a Citroen C4GP with it and was fantastic...everyone commented how quiet it was when driving. Not sure if it's the on the Audi but the system on the Citroen was actually two sheets of glass with an acrylic layer between.
Neil

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk