PDA

View Full Version : Skoda Superb parking sensors - Went mad today

stuart
28-06-2015, 03:52 PM
Hi all....

Strange thing today, as I am away for the weekend my car had been parked outside overnight in the rain.. came to it this morning at the parking sensors when mad showing an obstruction on the offside, when there was nothing at all there.

When to the supermarket and it did the same, seemed to go mad.. was OK yesterday..

I cleaned all the sensors that were on the offside, the two corner one's in the bumper and the two side ones for the park assist..

Got back to were I was staying reversed into a space this time, seemed a lot better but showed some thing on the offside which did seem to move along the diagram as I reversed...

1. Has anyone else had this?

and

2. Would it pick a kerb up which is about 5-6 inches high?

Stu

Crasher
28-06-2015, 07:56 PM
Water in a sensor, a fault code read will tell which one.

stuart
28-06-2015, 08:10 PM
I was beginning to think that myself, although it was very heavy drizzle this morning almost like a fog...

I went out about an hour ago and it seems to be OK again, so maybe as the sun came out about 3 hours ago and it warmed up it dried out.. I was on the end parking bay, reversed in, nothing at all on the offside, nothing showing on the parking sensor... drove out and reversed, all it picked up was the car on the nearside I was close too... then it showed the one rear nearside corner, again could have been the car..

It forecasts dry weather now so I will see what it does tomorrow...

Its due to go in for a service on the 17th so I will get them to check it out.. although I could plug VCDS in and have a peek :)

stuart
29-06-2015, 01:36 PM
Think it nay be down to moisture or rain.drizzle...

Car been out in the sun all day so far, just been out worked perfect now it is warm and dry...