PDA

View Full Version : Phaeton Steering wheel buttons

pwh2
28-06-2015, 01:05 PM
My 2008 vw phaeton has two small pimple buttons either side of the centre of steering wheel. I've discovered one turns lighting on the steering wheel itself on and off but no idea what the other does... Anyone know????

Guest 2
28-06-2015, 01:14 PM
Could you take a picture of them?

tixy
08-07-2015, 09:16 PM
My 2008 vw phaeton has two small pimple buttons either side of the centre of steering wheel. I've discovered one turns lighting on the steering wheel itself on and off but no idea what the other does... Anyone know????

one is steering wheel lighting
the other is the heated steering wheel option (the dash will come up with an icon)

lucky you!

pwh2
08-07-2015, 10:18 PM
Thanks for the replies...
The heated steering wheel button doesn't seem to work... Nothing on the dash and no heat.... Would it be on a menu on Vcds to turn off and on?

tixy
15-07-2015, 12:56 PM
Thanks for the replies...
The heated steering wheel button doesn't seem to work... Nothing on the dash and no heat.... Would it be on a menu on Vcds to turn off and on?

im sorry to say i dont know.
when i press mine (the nipple on the right) a green steering wheel icon appears at the top of the digital read out
i've never played with a steering wheel in a phaeton without this option, so i dont know if they just make all the steering wheels with the extra button and only have the wiring for those who purchased the option?
someone else who's clever will probably answer soon :)

we44
11-02-2016, 02:03 PM
I have these on mine too and same boat as you. I think one is for a heated steering wheel if you have that option fitted? Mine don't seem to do anything.