PDA

View Full Version : Important Audi A6 allroad 2.7

audia62.7
22-06-2015, 11:09 PM
Hello. Someone who has a video explaining or someone who can explain me how i change the air suspension rear left on Audi A6 allroad 2007? Need I VCDS for this?

PaulF2.5TDi
25-06-2015, 09:20 PM
If you mean the rear Air Spring, then no. It is easy.

I mean to do a write up, but the other week I changed the rear left air spring on my wife's 3.0 Allroad
Here is how - I'll do the write up again later with pics

Put the car in lift, and then engage jacking mode on on the MMC

Jack the car by the chassis until the wheel is off the ground, rest on an axle stand or similar and remove the rear wheel.

Undo the two screws either side of the shock strut and pull the wheel arch liner out of the way.

Cut the tie wraps holding the spring air pipes to the body, and undo the pipe at the connector the air will hiss out

Undo the bolt under the arm holding the spring in place (it is a spline bolt, NOT torx or Allen - can't remember the size)

If you are replacing the spring, use a pin punch or similar bit of metal/bolt and loosen the spring in its seat with a big hammer.

I then screwed a wheel bolt into the hub and put a deep socket over it with a load of 1/2" extension bars.

I sat on the bars, pulling the hub down and removed the spring with a bit of jiggleage

Cleaned up the 'seat' and transferred the pipe

Sat on the spring to compress it and then sat on the extension bars and stuffed the spring into its seat - lining up the notch (really obvious and easy to do)

Replaced bolt in the bottom of the spring and got off the 1/2 extension bars then removed the wheel bolt from the hub

I then used a compressor and bed inflator (blue IIRC) to inflate the spring a bit

Then connect the air hose and ty-wrap it as it was previously

Refit the wheel arch cover and wheel then drop the car onto its wheels

Start the engine, release the jack mode and select dynamic.

There may be error lights flashing- depending how much you inflated the spring

Once all is in dynamic, turn off, then restart and select another mode
The lights went out and it rose much faster than it used to.

All is now good.

Less than two hours with stopping for beer :beerchug:

jrenoc1
18-07-2015, 09:55 PM
Hi , first post so be nice !!

just did exact job today , replaced both rear air springs on my 2007 a6 all road .

As above not a bad job , 3 hrs to do both sides. Also did the new ring in the compressor. If anyone needs any advise or pointers just give us a shout