PDA

View Full Version : Question A4 gear/key problems

Esi
21-06-2015, 11:36 PM
Hi
I have a manual 2008 Audi A4 2.0 tdi, which has been a beauty to drive until a few weeks ago. I first noticed an issue with the push ignition key...if the clutch pedal wasn't flat to the floor it would start....not too much of an issue so ignored it.
Now I have to literally force the car into gear. When the ignition is off I can select any gear with no issue. Once the car is started, changing gear is a nightmare, until it's been running for a bit. Clutch pedal feels fine and there's been no slipping out of gear when driving. I have also noticed a juddering when I've slowed for roundabouts etc (even when taken out of gear) and idle revs are sitting at around 800 rpm.
Last couple of days I've not used it (until I can get it into the garage) and when I start it up, the car physically judders.
I'm no mechanic (so can't do the repairs etc myself) but don't think the clutch is shot (having had previous experience of this in older cars).
Could it be pressure plate or something else??
Any ideas of cost of repair at an Audi dealer?
Thanks

Cavanmick
22-06-2015, 07:55 AM
Most likely the dual mass flywheel has colllapsed on itself and your not getting enough clutch travel to disengage drive.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk