PDA

View Full Version : DAB Reception issue

StuMcBill
20-06-2015, 11:30 AM
Hi,

I just picked up my new q5 s line+ yesterday, and I seem to be having some DAB issues with it.

The reception on local and BBC stations is perfect, however on the national stations (Absolute, Kiss, Heart etc) is very very flaky. Signal drops out a lot and I don't seem to be getting all the stations I should (Absolute Radio 90's is a notable example).

My A5 that I traded in had almost perfect reception in the same areas so I am not sure what the issue could be.

I have performed the scan however, it only scans stations it has available at the time. Is there a way to perform a full scan of the spectrum to find all available stations? Or do I need to go back to the dealer?

Thanks
Stewart

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Guest 2
20-06-2015, 06:55 PM
Sounds like an antenna or booster issue to me. Back to the dealer it is.

Welcome.

Scott K
20-06-2015, 07:40 PM
Mine was the same yesterday in Aberdeen and usually it is very good. Wondering if it is atmospherics due to the cloud cover.

StuMcBill
21-06-2015, 01:04 PM
Thanks for the replies.

Regarding the cloud cover, our dab radio in the house worked fine so I'm not sure that is the issue.

I've got to drop off some paperwork at the dealer tomorrow, so will mention it then and see what they say.

I will let you know how I get on.

StuMcBill
22-06-2015, 07:46 AM
Hmm, just drove my wife to work and took our small battery operated DAB radio from home with us. Loses signal in all the same places. Hmmmmm.

Don't remember it being that bad in my A5!

Scott K
22-06-2015, 09:43 AM
My wife's A4 loses the signal quite frequently. Newburgh is normal but also the Parkway and round Peterhead is poor. My A6 is much better apart from the occasional day when the weather seems to have an affect.

StuMcBill
10-07-2015, 09:44 AM
Well, looks like it was just the weather. I booked it in to get looked at, but it got much better, pretty much perfect over the next few days!

Cheers for the help!

Scott K
10-07-2015, 09:47 AM
Mine was pretty poor for those few days and like yours, improved again afterwards.