PDA

View Full Version : Cooling fan - fault?

hanny73
20-06-2015, 11:18 AM
Hi all - I've just made a very short journey and the cooling fan for the car came on, it stayed on for a couple of minutes after I'd switched the engine off...any ideas what the issue could be?

The water level is fine and the AC wasn't on.

Many thanks.

b206
20-06-2015, 05:59 PM
Hi all - I've just made a very short journey and the cooling fan for the car came on, it stayed on for a couple of minutes after I'd switched the engine off...any ideas what the issue could be?

The water level is fine and the AC wasn't on.

Many thanks.

It is a hot day so will continue after the ignition is turned off - was engine up to temp ?

If it continues to run full blast on a cool day thats when a new cooling fan pack is required. Had a similar issue on my A3 (engine fan compensating for a malfunctioning air con fan).

JMR1
20-06-2015, 06:24 PM
Same thing happens in my 2014 1.6 Diesel Octavia, with 24'000 Klms clocked, and also on my Daughters Octavia same car, only 2013 model. I think that its perfectly normal, just the cooling system cycling. Stops after a few minutes, but can be a bit loud, especially with the engine switched off.

danny851
20-06-2015, 07:38 PM
if its a diesel normally if you go for a short journey and the car starts to do a dpf re-gen and you then turn the car off mid-cycle the fan will stay on for a few minutes then turn off

markp306
20-06-2015, 09:18 PM
My mini's cooling fan was on today after a short 5 min run which I thought was odd - and the A5 did this yesterday but after 20 miles.

both caught my attention as they don't normally do this. no idea why. I just thought it was a bit odd too. Must be summer at last:-)

hanny73
26-06-2015, 06:32 PM
Although summer maybe here - I still have a problem with my A4. The coolant control module was changed yet the car is still showing an error message with the module - any ideas?

hanny73
29-06-2015, 08:52 PM
Although summer maybe here - I still have a problem with my A4. The coolant control module was changed yet the car is still showing an error message with the module - any ideas?

Apparently there is another coolant switch somewhere which might be faulty.....anyone know what I'm talking about??