PDA

View Full Version : rear tracking after accident

waynetdi130
19-06-2015, 06:35 PM
Hi

Need urgent advice, I have been involved in an accident, i was driving along about 30mph when a car reversed out of a drive straight into the o/s rear of my car damaging the rear quarter panel and bumper, the rear wheel was hit quite hard and now the car will not drive in a straight line, i have measured the gap between the inside of the tyre and the rear shock absorber and the gap is about an inch less on the side that was hit, is there any kind of adjustment I can make to correct this, or will this be unrepairable,
Thanks for any advice you can offer

Cavanmick
19-06-2015, 07:09 PM
It has most likely bent a stub axle or the axle beam itself, needs new parts but not adjustable.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

waynetdi130
19-06-2015, 07:19 PM
Thanks for the advice, I will have a good look at it tomorrow, just wondering how safe it is to drive, i have used duck tape so there's no bits sticking out, but if the axle is bent is that dangerous to drive, thanks

Cavanmick
19-06-2015, 07:22 PM
I think you might have answered the question for yourself saying it won't drive in a straight line....

waynetdi130
19-06-2015, 07:25 PM
Thanks, that should have been common sense, Its a taxi and I was just been hopeful, cheers

Cavanmick
19-06-2015, 07:38 PM
I feel your pain buddy, I was a taxi driver too and being off the road was not nice bit if you put paying punters into a knowingly defective car you are leaving yourself wide open for a world of hassle.

Doctle Odd
19-06-2015, 08:11 PM
Mick's right you can't drive the car. Either the person that drove into you or their insurer has to pay your wages or pay for car hire until your car is repaired.

waynetdi130
19-06-2015, 10:45 PM
I know your both right. I will be getting a replacement hire car next week and I will claim loss of earnings till then, thanks guys