PDA

View Full Version : Question Mirror iPhone to display

Spyda
19-06-2015, 05:54 PM
I've tried searching but haven't found the info I need, sorry if it's a duplicate.

I have a 2015 A6 with tech pack, I want to mirror my iPhone and audio to the screen (and sound system) what's the best way to do it.

M1tchy
19-06-2015, 07:30 PM
Someone did it recently. There is a thread somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spyda
19-06-2015, 10:12 PM
My searches failed. Any idea what terms I should search for?

fest0r
19-06-2015, 11:17 PM
Found it with "iphone app"

Replicated my iPhone on MMI screen. (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php/166898-Replicated-my-iPhone-on-MMI-screen?p=959562)

Spyda
19-06-2015, 11:25 PM
Thanks. I don't have the original AMI, I have the USB ports.

fest0r
19-06-2015, 11:28 PM
So the app doesn’t work with the USB port?

Spyda
20-06-2015, 11:59 AM
Not from my jail broken 3GS, I don't want to JB my 6+.
Ideally I'd prefer to get an AV input in to the system, then put an Apple TV in the car. Connected to the car's wifi, then connect the phone to the car's wifi and air play straight to it.
I'll then have the Apple TV features in the car too.

pk199
28-06-2015, 09:19 PM
Hi

This sounds really useful! I've got an old iPhone that I've jailbroken and downloaded display out. However, getting to the car I can't figure out which setting to use to mirror the display. What did you do in the car to get the display?

Thanks in advance!
Prav.

A6S
29-06-2015, 06:57 PM
Looked at something similar a while ago and I think it's not an easy task to achieve with the newer mmi plus.
Firstly you will need to VIM done with vag can pro or a dongle from kufutec.
you will then need an av source in for the mmi setup. Kufutec does packages for dvd in and other devices but not sure if this works with the newer mmi plus that's based on the A3 8V. I think because the mmi plus has USB ports instead of the ami ports( that has more pins)it's not capable of sending video to the screen and USB ports are pretty limited. If you use the Apple TV the mmi controls won't be able control the iPhone. Control will need to come from your phone or Apple TV.
Might be worth posting something in the A3 forum and see if anyone has managed it.

pk199
04-07-2015, 11:15 AM
Looked at something similar a while ago and I think it's not an easy task to achieve with the newer mmi plus.
Firstly you will need to VIM done with vag can pro or a dongle from kufutec.
you will then need an av source in for the mmi setup. Kufutec does packages for dvd in and other devices but not sure if this works with the newer mmi plus that's based on the A3 8V. I think because the mmi plus has USB ports instead of the ami ports( that has more pins)it's not capable of sending video to the screen and USB ports are pretty limited. If you use the Apple TV the mmi controls won't be able control the iPhone. Control will need to come from your phone or Apple TV.
Might be worth posting something in the A3 forum and see if anyone has managed it.

Thanks so much for this. Visited an audi retrofit place (Hazzydayz, St Albans) - they do lots of things but say mirroring won't be easy either. Got a few VCDS things coded at the same time so I'm a happy man!