PDA

View Full Version : How To A1 VCDS Tricks

MFGF
18-06-2015, 02:01 PM
Having a new A1 on the drive, it was impossible to resist the temptation to go tinkering with my laptop and VCDS cable to see what I could figure out. Here's what I've managed so far:

1. Kerb lighting
Illuminating the kerb when turning hard left or right at low speeds with dipped beam on, by turning on the front fog light on the relevant side of the car.
[Select]
[09-Cent. Elect.]
[Coding - 07]
[Long Coding Helper]
Click on byte 14 and enable bit 7
[Do It!]

2. Passenger door mirror dip on selecting reverse.
When reverse gear is selected, the passenger door mirror dips to show the kerb if the mirror control knob is set to the passenger door mirror position. When driving forwards and exceeding 5mph or when switching off the car, the passenger mirror returns to its original position. If the position of the mirror is changed when dipped, this change is remembered the next time the mirror dips.
[Select]
[52 - Door Elect, Pass]
[Coding - 07]
[Long Coding Helper]
Click on Byte 4
Set Bits 2 and 3 to "on"
[Do It!]

3. Beep on lock
Chirp the alarm siren briefly when the alarm activates (ie all doors are closed and the car is locked)
[Select]
[09-Cent. Elect.]
[Coding - 07]
[Long Coding Helper]
Click on byte 5
Set bits 1 and 4 to "on"
[Do It!]

4. Hidden menu
Enable access to the green engineering menu in the MMI
[Select]
[5F - Information Electr.]
[Adaptation - 10]
Select Channel 5 and Read
change the value from 0 to 1 then Test then Save
Reboot the MMI (Back/Centre knob/top right softkey)
To get to the Hidden Menu, press and hold the CAR and MENU buttons for a few seconds. You may have to have a few attempts - if you don't press them at the exact same moment either CAR or MENU activates. You know if you have done it right because the red LEDs in the buttons do not illuminate.

5. Visual Parking Aid
Enable the on-screen display normally available with Parking System Plus - for cars with only the rear parking sensors fitted
[Select]
[10 - Park Assist]
[Security - 16] - enter code 71679
[Coding - 07]
[Long Coding Helper]
Click on Byte 0
Bit 2-3: Check "08 Optical Active illustration active (BAP NEW)
[Do it!]
Restart MMI (Back/Centre knob/top right softkey) and select reverse

There are a couple of mods I attempted that I was unable to complete - Needle Sweep was one (there was no information in VCDS for 17 - Instruments) and Hill Hold - the info I found on how to enable it was to go to Module 03 (ABS), into Coding 07, launch long coding helper, go to Byte 16 and enable Bit 0. On our car this was already enabled as standard, but hill hold is not active.

The car is a 2015 A1 S-line with Comfort Pack and RMC SD-card navigation. I think some of the modules are new (Instruments, for example) so instructions found online for these do not work.

I will update the thread if more mods are successfully implemented.

Cheers!

MF.

kite
18-06-2015, 02:13 PM
New car Mark ?

MFGF
18-06-2015, 04:48 PM
New car Mark ?

Not mine, George. I still have my A6. The A1 belongs to my partner :)

kite
18-06-2015, 05:04 PM
Good choice