PDA

View Full Version : Greetings

seven_nut
18-06-2015, 12:37 PM
Hi to all from seven_nut.

The name's Adrian but I'm a Lotus/Caterham 7 enthusiast hence the handle which my friends call me.

Proud owner of a silver VW B5 Passat TDi (110bhp) SE estate which I purchased off a trader friend on the 9th January, 2002 with 62k on the clock.

Only mod was a PowerLink chip giving a great boost in midrange torque, making it ideal for towing the Caterham.

I parked it up with 225k on the clock on Christmas Eve 2013 after I bought a BMW E46 320d Touring as an impulse buy from the same trader friend.

However, I now realise that was a mistake. It's most certainly NOT the "Ultimate Driving Machine" and I really miss my Passat. Luckily it's still parked on the drive...

Put a new battery in yesterday after 18 months of sitting idle. It started first time! :D

Looking forward to sharing as much info as I glean from all of you. I'll never sell her and hope to carry out as much work as I can myself.

Now, can anyone help me with the first problem? (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php/167850-98-B5-Passat-110-satrts-then-stops-immediately)

All the best
Go well
Adrian