PDA

View Full Version : Linking iPhone with the car.

pany
11-06-2015, 06:07 PM
Just a query, following on from my test drive, whilst waiting for my car to come.

How do you manage Siri? When I tried to use voice command, with the phone connected, it always defaulted to Siri. I couldn't use voice commands for the satnav, without Siri dialling a random contact. Has anyone any guides to make life easier when my car comes?

Thanks in advance.
Andy

nevbadger99
11-06-2015, 08:17 PM
If I use my voice command and initiate the process from the car by pressing the voice button, it doesn't involve the phone at all.

The only way I have used Siri in the car is by pressing the home button on the phone - what did you do to start the process?

pany
11-06-2015, 09:53 PM
I just used the voice button, off the wheel, but it kicked in Siri and ignored any Audi systems.

KevinA6
12-06-2015, 12:48 AM
If you press and release the voice command button it activates the cars voice control system.

If you press and hold the voice command button it will activate Siri.

Kevin

pany
12-06-2015, 08:15 AM
Thank you.

belly buster
12-06-2015, 01:16 PM
If you press and hold the voice command button it will activate Siri.

Kevin

Tried this without luck. Maybe it's a MY15 thing.

Furillo
12-06-2015, 07:13 PM
At first didn't work on my 2012 but got me thinking as should work. The answer is as follows:

1. Make sure on phone settings you enable "Hey Siri" Access via General settings.
2. In car the phone MUST be connected to power ie charge cable in armrest etc
3. Now if you try it works fine. Just press Voice command and say "Hey Siri". Away you go. great fun.

all down on iPhone 6. Let me know if works for others.