PDA

View Full Version : The "ergoComfort" seat - not so comfortable?

BenR
09-06-2015, 08:42 PM
Is anybody else finding that the new comfort seat doesn't give enough lumbar support? Or that the little support available is slightly too high?

I know the bladder or whatever inflates at two heights but when I deflate the upper and fully inflate the lower it doesn't quite give my lower back enough support, low enough down. I've started using a piece of fairly dense foam carpet underlay to boost it. I think the new comfort seat is slightly softer upholstered than the old B7 seat and consequently the bladder or cushion is a bit lost.

Any comments?

Jws1
30-08-2015, 06:01 PM
Going from an old volvo to a 4 day test in a top spec GT I did find the seats a bit uncomfortable, but on my thighs due to the hard plastic with minimal padding on either side of the seat cushion. It may be the way I sit, more like a lounge chair so my legs aren't arrow straight when driving but other than that they were very comfy.

BenR
01-09-2015, 12:24 PM
Well since I posted that I've grown used to the seat and find it OK. It's like when you buy a new bike and it takes a few outings to get used to the new position and saddle.

Crawshy
01-09-2015, 01:24 PM
Hi I've just taken delivery of a GT with the standard leather/ alcantara seats, I'm going from a Volvo V60 first impressions are that there is more side support and lower back support, but the seat cushion is harder, time will tell as long journeys will decide on the comfort levels, the Volvo I could always get out feeling fresh, however the electric adjustment is a most welcome addition. I do around 2-2500 miles a month so I'll keep you posted, but first impressions are good

Jws1
01-09-2015, 01:45 PM
My old car was a 12 year old S60. The seats really were like lounge chairs and supremely comfortable over long distances.

The sides of the cushion are my main concern on the Passat but hopefully I get used to them in time.

Either way I will be like a kid on Christmas day when it arrives, my first ever new car and it has lots of toys too!

xfact
06-09-2015, 06:35 PM
I come from 7 years on audi a4 b8. Seats in the new passat are nice and comfortable for me, but ventilation of teh back is horrible. On warm days, sweating of my back is killing me. Maybe that is a problem of the alcantara..?!?

ThatNed
30-01-2017, 11:50 PM
Hi Crawshy,

I was just wondering what you long term thoughts were on the comfort of the GT seats compared to to Volvo.
I currently run a golf but due to long journeys, seat comfort and lumber support has become a priority.
For a company car I've been considering a volvo v40, Golf GTE or GT and an Audi A3.
Both VW and Audi lent me the a car for a few days so I could get a fell for them. Volvo in the other hand could only offer me a 30 minute test drive.

My conclusion so far:
Audi sport seats with the 4 way lumbar support are very comfortable.
Golf seats seem a little firm and seem the same as my mark 6 golf - Which is fine.
The volvo, I've heard good things but couldn't get a real feel for them in the time.

Any thoughts would be great.

Thanks in advance.