PDA

View Full Version : Which alloys for Hofele bodykit

galler
03-10-2007, 12:08 AM
Have ordered Hofele front and rear bumpers with the s8 grill and am looking for advice on alloys and in which size.
Do i lower the car by 30-40mm and go for 18" or just go for 19" alloys.

Car is 1.8t sport cab with 17" alloys in black.

:beerchug:

dub love
03-10-2007, 03:13 PM
hello.. uve defo got the right idea... i looked at those hofele bodykits.. where did u order it from..(lltek.com)?

lowering it all depends on the size of wheels. ive got 18s because i wanted it Lowwww. i was thinking 50mm but after fitting my new front bumper. i think 30s is goin to be the max i can go.

i dont know how low the hofele bumper come's down, but if its anything like mine. there wont be that much clearance at the front..

what colour is your car? mine's the denim blue i think the black wheels really suit the car.. asa ar1s they are..

wat u reckon
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z194/h143vub/Illuminationaudinewbumber027.jpg
polished:biglaugh:
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z194/h143vub/Illuminationaudinewbumber026.jpg

galler
03-10-2007, 04:07 PM
Hi dub love, ordered the body kit direct from hofele. Really nice guys and cheaper than uk sites. Did try to order it from awesome gti but the y never got back to me after about 4 attempts.
Only £70 postage from germany which includes the bumper, grill, rear diffuser and got a couple of single tail pipes that have to be welded on once the others have been cut off.

Sorry but i meant my car is black but do like your alloys should look good and mean on a black car with the body kit.

Am happy to go with 18" wheels and tyres.

Wot tyres you running and do you recommend them?
:approve:

dub love
03-10-2007, 06:22 PM
there 205 45s i think.. but without goin outside,,, i dunno.. i would prolly say get a bigger tyre.. only becoz mine looks like its rolling on the rim nearly.. and is a very hard ride.. but again this doesnt really bother me, as thats how it is... so thats how its gotta be.... im on a budget,, couldnt afford new tyres even if i wanted to

galler
03-10-2007, 06:53 PM
wife wants rs8 wheels for the car. seen a car like ours is gonna be on the hofele website.
I know they are bit dated now but they look bigger than they actually are as the spokes go right to the edge. Wheelbase do set of 4 for £660 including lock nuts with toyo proxi rubber.
Size 225 40 18. Anyone know anyone cheaper or is this a good deal?

dub love
04-10-2007, 09:50 AM
wheel mania qouted me £600 for the new rs4s....19 inch. with tyres. prolly just budgets i dont no. but i changed my mind so didnt follow it up

galler
04-10-2007, 09:29 PM
Cheers for that. I like the new rs4's but am seeing quite a lot of cars round here with them on.
I luv the oz michealangelo 10 spoke's but cost over a grand with tyres.
Once the body kit comes and is fitted will post before and after photos. Will probably add s4 chrome wingmirrors and maybe rear led lights see how money goes.
Car is booked in on 22/10/07 for the body kit so got couple of weeks yet.
Cheers again for the reply my first post by the way. Forum virgin till now!!

dub love
09-10-2007, 02:34 PM
i hear you... everyone in blackpool rolls on the new rs4s or A8 wheels, there just too common now... u have to put your own mark on the car..

be differant :biglaugh:

look 4ward to seeing the kit fitted

galler
09-10-2007, 09:46 PM
Seen your car painted, looks really good and really good colour match.
Still don't know what mine will cost so sorry for being nosey but how much was you charged.
Everyone will probably want to know if they are thinking of changing there bumpers what the average cost is.

Cheers.

dub love
10-10-2007, 03:55 PM
it was £60 i have very good contacts in good places... i had to help him tho with a tatty MG B..

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z194/h143vub/NewBumperpainted013.jpg