PDA

View Full Version : Tdi and chipping

Muddy19
02-10-2007, 06:21 PM
hey y'all.

just a simple query. i got an audi A4 Tdi (ahu) and the Maf is kinda running a bit crap. or maybe its my EGR. (funny thing is if am driving and i switch my car off and start it again, i get this instant power available to me) :-S

anyway, im thinking of getting a remap/chip. to improve torque.

however, even though i just recently changed my timing belt, is 163,000miles too late??

i spent a lot ov money on my car as it is and it would be a nightmare if i went strolling down to sum remap place, got it remapped and drove the car out smiling, hapy chappy with the increased acceleration and then sum time later, the engine goes bang!

hmm, need sum advice from you (adults)

Ben
02-10-2007, 08:46 PM
hey y'all.

just a simple query. i got an audi A4 Tdi (ahu) and the Maf is kinda running a bit crap. or maybe its my EGR. (funny thing is if am driving and i switch my car off and start it again, i get this instant power available to me) :-S

Get it code read and fixed, then look at the remap.

Muddy19
03-10-2007, 11:33 AM
yeah. i had that done last month. it came up as

intermittent (cant remeber the rest) (mechenic told me sumat to do wit da MAF)

and EGR n18 solenoid or sumat. i dont hae a clue what they are (mechenic told me EGR)

so are both knackered? or is one affecting the other?

VanWheeler
03-10-2007, 11:53 AM
This wont make the engine go Bang if you have a remap. You;ll be down a bit on power.

MAF sensor is probably a bit dirty and could do with a clean. Never had to clean one myself, but if it has an after market air filter, you'll probably find it's been over oiled and some of it has got onto the maf. THink you can use and Aerosol Carb cleaner to clean it. But don't touch it with anything.

EGR basically recycles the un burnt Exhaust Gases back in to the engine. Probably needs a clean sas they get a bit clogged up. Some people have these turned off when they have a remap.

Have a look at the remap day on the 4th at Chipped UK, if you come along we'll do full diags for you.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Mark

Muddy19
04-10-2007, 01:22 PM
hey.

yeah i got k&n panel filter put in. the problem was there before i got that put in though. cleaned it out and re-oiled it like 2days ago (after like 6,000miles of use)

and thinking of getting a remap (having checked that i am actually free on nov 4th), but im a bit nervous as the engine is old and 160,000miles plus.

so where wud u be doing the remap and diagnostics.?

if i bought a new MAF and bought it along to you guys, how difficult wud it be to fit it in same day and time as remap?

really considering it now.....

VanWheeler
04-10-2007, 01:28 PM
We'll run full diagnostics on the car and we'll fit the new MAF for you. I'm sure the new MAF could be fitted while you we're waiting for your remap with help from the members on here. They are Very knowledgeble.

Cheers Mark

Muddy19
04-10-2007, 01:48 PM
thanks mark. i just need sum directions

i'l bring down the MAF and depending if the new MAF makes a differnce to my car, i'l pursue a remap. if it doesnt, i hope you understand that i need to sort out my problems before getting the remap.

PS - whats the oldest cars you've done?

VanWheeler
04-10-2007, 02:36 PM
This is very true, if you have known problems best to try sort them before you come. But we will always help to solve them if you can't

I've Chipped an old E30 BMW 320i on a E plate 1988 I think.

Muddy19
04-10-2007, 03:05 PM
look forward to seeing you nov 4th mark.

i'l come down for defo. but as things stand i cannot say wether as a spectator or otherwise.

rang audi just now. £75 for new maf and £35 for vacuum pipe. i'l buy them. fill the car up on nov 4 and make my way down.

thanks once again.