PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE HELP ... my Cordoba keeps cutting out

dave1972
02-10-2007, 05:54 PM
:1zhelp:

My partner has a 1995 Cordoba CLX and it's a great car ... but recently it has developed an annoying problem. When driving along, for no reason at all it can cut out! She is understandably a bit wary of driving it now.

So far, this has only happened at low speed (<30 mph) and at low rpm when changing gear (i.e when the rpm drops during a gear change)

Initially, we replaced the distributor and things improved ... so we thought it was the ignition system. We have subsequently replaced all plugs and leads and yesterday I changed the coil ... and it still keeps on cutting out! :confused:

A colleague of mine at work has suggested that it might be the crankshaft sensor ... but I also remember seeing a post on here a short while ago that suggestes it might be something else ...

I am at a complete loss ... can anyone help ...???

Dave

tdi miki
21-10-2007, 06:29 PM
Take look at the throtle body

Crasher
21-10-2007, 07:26 PM
What engine is it? Was the distributor fitted a used one?

dave1972
22-10-2007, 12:02 PM
The distributor was a new one ... to be honest, I have no idea what engine it actually is ... any way I can tell ...?

Crasher
22-10-2007, 01:29 PM
If you have the service book it will be a three letter code next to "Motor code" and also on a sticker on the boot floor. The cam cover in the engine bay will also have a bar code sticker that has the engine code on. Failing that, PM me the registration number and I will find out for you.

fixitfast
29-10-2007, 04:59 AM
Had the same problem with my cordoba. Turned out to be the fuel pump inside the petrol tank stopping and starting. The Fuel pump fuse (Number 13 i think under the drivers glovebox - yellow in colour ) kept blowing or would develop an intermittent connection causing the car to just die at very inconvenient times. VW wanted $875.00 for a complete unit so i told them to stick it where it dont pump.

Found a brand new unit on EBAY California for $110.00. Only took 4 days to arrive! to brisbane .

Link below:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-Fuel-Pump-VW-Volkswagen-Cabriolet-Sending-Unit-Golf_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33555QQihZ001QQite mZ110185461982