PDA

View Full Version : Driving Mode Control

djmx5
30-05-2015, 10:38 AM
Well after 1 month of ownership, I have pretty much got to grips with my Business edition. Thanks to those who replied to my thread about music, I now have all the tunes I could ever need in the car.
I think I have mastered, (or nearly) the Sat Nav and the ACC system buttons.

The car is a vast improvement in all aspects over my B5 as you would expect, very comfortable to drive and i think looks lovely in Tungsten silver. I have taken the tips from the car detailers out there and given her all manner of TLC to preserve the shine, though to be honest, I can't see durability and looks really being an issue in the long term.

The only negative obs I have so far are, that the engine feels a little reluctant at slow speed, almost as if it is being starved, until more right foot wakes it up. But this in no way detracts from the overall performance.
Oh, that and if you open the window when wet you get a lap full!

Then there is the driving mode button.....now i have experimented with this and for the life of me, i can't tell the bloody difference between one and any other of the modes. Whichever is selected the car still feels great, will go like the wind if pushed, goes where i point it without drama and seems eco enough however i drive it.

So what do you chaps think........
Cheers
D

M1tchy
30-05-2015, 11:09 AM
My last two cars have had different driving modes and initially I thought they were a gimmick so stopped using the, however once I'd gotten used to the car and how it handles and felt in certain situations and on certain roads I tried it again and now I can really feel the difference. Not so much between comfort and Eco, but definately between those and sport.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

itavaltalainen
30-05-2015, 11:34 AM
It depends what you have fitted on your car the "mode" button can change.

When I put my Golf from Normal to Sport the steering sharpens up and gives better feedback compared to normal and eco where it goes too soft for my taste. Acceleration seems a little better in Sport but it just modifies how engine reacts to throttle, doesn't actually change engine performance. Suspension is a huge difference between eco, comfort and sport.

I ended up on custom settings where engine is on normal, steering on sport and suspension on comfort (sport was back shattering on M42 before they resurfaced it), adaptive cruise on eco.... you need a few thousand miles to work out what is best for you. I rarely ever now change these settings.

BenR
16-06-2015, 02:33 PM
I've messed with the settings and the only difference I can see is that on "sport" the transmission holds the gear for longer (same effect as clicking the DSG lever back) whereas on "eco" it changes earlier to keep the revs down. I think the steering becomes a little heavier on sport, but can't discern any other differences.