PDA

View Full Version : New A4 options

rjm8282
29-05-2015, 08:35 PM
Hi all,

We are just in the process of ordering a new A4, 2.0 tfsi quattro, and could do with some help with the options please.

So far we have;

Back edition Nav
Heated seats
Folding mirrors
Panoramic roof
S-tronic
Hill hold control

My question- Is the Audi drive select £220 & damper control £300 worth adding on?
We can have either sports suspension (20mm drop), s line suspension (30mm drop) for free or the dampers with audi drive select.

Any thoughts or suggestions?
Thank you.

krysus
30-05-2015, 11:15 AM
Personally I found the 30mm drop on 19" wheels a bit too firm. Can't comment on the damper control.

As for hill hold control, the standard electronic handbrake holds on hills until there's enough bite on the clutch to stop you rolling back. Probably not worth the extra.

Don't forget to run quotes through Orangewheels and carwow, and use those to negotiate a decent discount, I got nearly 20% off my A4 last year.

rjm8282
30-05-2015, 09:21 PM
That's interesting about the hand brake, thank you.

Personally I found the 30mm drop on 19" wheels a bit too firm. Can't comment on the damper control.

As for hill hold control, the standard electronic handbrake holds on hills until there's enough bite on the clutch to stop you rolling back. Probably not worth the extra.

Don't forget to run quotes through Orangewheels and carwow, and use those to negotiate a decent discount, I got nearly 20% off my A4 last year.

apache24uk
31-05-2015, 12:38 AM
Storage pack
High beam assist

rjm8282
31-05-2015, 10:38 AM
I looked into the storage pack, I never use the nets behind the seat, the storage under the seats is ridiculous small, the only good thing is the locked glove box, but is that really worth a £100?

No need for high beam assist, sometimes it works well and sometimes it's s little late coming off. I'd rather do it myself.

Thanks buddy, keep them coming

Storage pack
High beam assist

Embisix
01-06-2015, 10:35 AM
Definitely get the Storage Pack (otherwise you won't be able to lock your glove box - also includes cup holders in rear armrest and nets on the back of the front seats I think). And the Interior Lighting Pack (glove box light and illuminated vent controls and footwell lighting IIRC).

Why these don't/didn't come as standard still baffles me!

apache24uk
01-06-2015, 11:25 AM
You might regret it afterwards if you don't spec it, I miss not having a lockable glove box and rear cup holders. Crazy that it's not standard

rd1
01-06-2015, 07:19 PM
Nice car spec!
Definitely go with the lighting pack for the extras it gives, folding mirrors 'electric, heated, folding, dimming' automatically when ignition goes off and not manual via the switch as I got caught with on my first Audi . Personally, I think the hill hold is great when in traffic as you do not have to keep putting the handbrake on every time you stop (or ride the clutch or keep the foot brake on). I also went for the comfort pack but I suspect most of that will be in your standard spec anyway.

I would also support Orange wheels, superb broker service, 15% discount on new A3 now on order . Car wow was OK but not much different to the main dealer quotes unless I went a long way to one of the quieter dealerships but even then not even close to Orange wheels.

s7gpt
01-06-2015, 08:16 PM
plus 1 for hill hold assist - find it very useful, heated rear seats too if you have kids to stop arguments about who is sitting in the front !!!

AGW82
02-06-2015, 08:22 AM

Are you sure?

My car has Hill Hold Assist and in an auto I'm in two minds as to how useful it is.. But I've had several courtesy cars without Hill Hold Assist and the handbreak will not enage unless you put it on i.e. it's not an automatic process as it is with the Hill Hold Assist system..

I would say in a manual car it's probably very useful.... In an auto not so much...

nukeproof
02-06-2015, 09:23 AM
I've ordered a black edition Nav and added the convenience package which has electric memory seats and mirrors, interior light package, s line sports suspension, badge deletion

Can't say I've ever locked my glove box, never required nets for my kids to fill with crap and I don't encourage my toddlers to have drinks in the cars so cup holders are a no no, don't understand the storage pack obsession on here lol

green A8
02-06-2015, 09:57 AM
Just out of interest, when is the B9 coming to these shores? Next year maybe? I thought it was supposed to be with us around quarter three 2015. Perhaps this is not the case.

AGW82
02-06-2015, 09:59 AM
Just out of interest, when is the B9 coming to these shores? Next year maybe? I thought it was supposed to be with us around quarter three 2015. Perhaps this is not the case.
Audi will launch it in September at the Frankfurt motor show.. Expect to see cars in the UK early 2016 I would suggest..

http://www.worldcarfans.com/115031090241/audi-announces-all-new-a4-reveal-before-frankfurt-motor

Embisix
02-06-2015, 11:22 AM
I've ordered a black edition Nav and added the convenience package which has electric memory seats and mirrors, interior light package, s line sports suspension, badge deletion

Can't say I've ever locked my glove box, never required nets for my kids to fill with crap and I don't encourage my toddlers to have drinks in the cars so cup holders are a no no, don't understand the storage pack obsession on here lol

I wouldn't say it's an obsession with me, it just annoys the hell out of me that kit that comes as standard on a Dacia Sandero is an extra cost option on a £30k+ premium saloon! :-)

Personally I find the storage pack really useful because I sometimes carry actual grown-ups in the back on long trips and my kids are a bit older so can be trusted with their water bottles. I do lock my glovebox (it has my iPod in there connected to the AMI) and the underseat storage, although small, is great for stashing small items and fuel receipts etc.

The nets are pointless though, I haven't carried an atlas for years now and the kids would indeed fill them with junk.

Horses for courses I suppose.

EssexGonzo
02-06-2015, 12:57 PM
FWIW regarding your Pan Roof already specc'd.......are you intending to keep the car for many years or just the standard 2 to 3 years for a lease/PCP etc?

They're a great option but if you're keeping the car longer, think twice about the roof. There have been some failures on A6 C7 and they're a bit pricey to fix out of warranty. We have an old A2 with a full pan roof and 2 moving roof panels - it failed years ago and they're notorious for it. As are many cars with heavy glass and cables to move it. It's a lot of money to pay for what could become a static glass roof.

rjm8282
07-06-2015, 07:25 PM
We intend to keep the car after the lease, so we have spec the vehicle for us. We could of got full leather for the price of the Pan roof, but it feels so special inside. Not bothering with the storage pack, waste of time for just two of us, think we might add the reverse camera.

FWIW regarding your Pan Roof already specc'd.......are you intending to keep the car for many years or just the standard 2 to 3 years for a lease/PCP etc?

They're a great option but if you're keeping the car longer, think twice about the roof. There have been some failures on A6 C7 and they're a bit pricey to fix out of warranty. We have an old A2 with a full pan roof and 2 moving roof panels - it failed years ago and they're notorious for it. As are many cars with heavy glass and cables to move it. It's a lot of money to pay for what could become a static glass roof.