PDA

View Full Version : Engine Start/Stop button

Max-Power
28-05-2015, 08:59 AM
Hi Guys,

As it is one day closer to picking up my A3, I've decided to question the position of the Engine Start/Stop button on the centre console. It's on the left next to the passenger seat which I thought was bad design as every other car is it near the driver next to the steering wheel (or around there).

I asked the dealer if he knew what would happen if the button was pressed while in motion (by accident by the passenger, like they had a bag on their lap or something), but he didn't know. Does anyone know what would happen? I don't want to try it myself just in case... :|

I can see the button is positioned here as the design of the A3 is german based and has the steering wheel on the left side, which in itself I think is poor design from Audi!

M1tchy
28-05-2015, 09:08 AM
I live and work on an old airfield so I've tried pressing it while driving and nothing happens. Even at 1mph it has no effect, it's only when the car is completely stationary that it works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Max-Power
02-06-2015, 07:06 PM
Nice one, cheers :)

mr gee
03-06-2015, 12:32 PM
You may note also that the media volume knob is on your side and thats a convenience

bobwas4
17-07-2015, 08:46 AM
nothing will happen as running is concerned. it will just light up and stop the engine from cutting out when your stationary. :) I press I when Im in motion cos I don't like it cutting out when the engine is cold.

Max-Power
21-07-2015, 06:14 PM
Actually I tried it the other day, the dash board said press again to cut the engine.... :aargh4:

... i didn't press it lol

james_tiger_woo
22-07-2015, 04:16 PM
Actually I tried it the other day, the dash board said press again to cut the engine.... :aargh4:

... i didn't press it lol

That's no fun.

What is fun is pulling the handbrake at 70 ;)