PDA

View Full Version : Advice: Purchase of second hand A3 S Line

Max-Power
27-05-2015, 08:55 AM
Hi Guys,

I'm currently the owner of a 2001 VW Passat 1.9 TDI SE. It's done me proud and the engine is still going strong however after saving for a good 10 years and got lots of good advice from the forum, but I've finally decided to leap (after looking at all sorts of cars) into an Audi A3.

I was originally looking specifically for a 2013 A3 2.0 TDI Sportback S Line (150), but somehow upped my budget and now agreed with a dealership to get an A3 2.0TDI Sportback S Line S-Tronic Quattro (184)! I've managed to eek out of the dealership 4 new tyres (as they were getting low), replacement of the Rear Brake Disks (as they were low too) and cleaning up of the paintwork. I'm preparing to pay a little over £23k which I'm wondering if I've paid over the odds for..?

It does have the Tech Pack (not the high one), Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Luggage Pack (which I think is standard on the S Line anyway). I'm due to pick it up on Saturday, does everyone think this is a decent deal, or I'm paying a bit too much? I have found it hard to find the specification I wanted (specifically electric folding mirrors, and the HDD Sat Nav).

Thanks in advance!

james_tiger_woo
01-06-2015, 01:39 PM
The only way to be sure is to hunt around to look for an equivalent car for price comparison...

As an aside, the luggage pack is pointless - I have it (and the comfort pack) and the pockets are tiny - never mind the gaping hole under the passenger seat where a cubby very easily could fit....

I had a B6 Passat followed by a Mk6 Golf and I've found that the interior space in the A3 is poor (at best) - You may be disappointed or you may not need the space, but family trips are often a compromise with things not being taken (no bad thing in some cases) or roof box/bars being used.

Max-Power
02-06-2015, 07:13 PM
The only way to be sure is to hunt around to look for an equivalent car for price comparison...

As an aside, the luggage pack is pointless - I have it (and the comfort pack) and the pockets are tiny - never mind the gaping hole under the passenger seat where a cubby very easily could fit....

I had a B6 Passat followed by a Mk6 Golf and I've found that the interior space in the A3 is poor (at best) - You may be disappointed or you may not need the space, but family trips are often a compromise with things not being taken (no bad thing in some cases) or roof box/bars being used.

Thanks for that, Price appears to be decent for what spec I have so I'm happy. Also agree with the space issue which will affect us probably 4 days a year when travelling to/from the airport for holidays so not majorly fussed as I have no kids (or plan to), but for a family.. yes it would be a problem! :)