PDA

View Full Version : ebay Window Regulators - Any Good?

Flash2
25-05-2015, 05:01 PM
I think this my first post here were I've been the one asking for advice, but the title says it all.

My mates 2005 Passat Estate needs a driver's door window regulator. I see a few aftermarket regulators on the bay reasonably priced and was wondering if anyone has fitted one? Any issues with fitting it or reliability?
I've replaced loadsa regulators in the past, so I know what's involved. It's just I've always used original VW parts in the past. Just wondering if these aftermarket parts are worth taking a chance on?

Cheers guys.

Jim.

Guest 2
25-05-2015, 06:59 PM
chinese ones are crap, buy a genuine one, they are dearer yes but will last longer than 2 months. 2 year guarantee too.

some of them need trimming as they're too long for the inner door, others just don't line up correctly. have heard this from a number of people.

fleamoo
25-05-2015, 09:37 PM
Fitted a complete panel from eBay at £39 which turned out to be slow and noisy in operation. Replaced it with a repair kit which I fitted to the original panel from the car.This is working fine 3 weeks on!
Obviously can't comment long term, and must defer to Chris!
Repair kit is currently £15.17 @ 227sparts on ebay

Sam
26-05-2015, 09:27 AM
Search this forum for my posts on the subject - avoid eBay seller Okzam ;)

Flash2
27-05-2015, 03:11 AM
Cheers guys.

Just going with the genuine VW part. It's bad enough having to replace the thing once. Don't fancy having to strip it all down again after a couple of weeks/months.

Jim.

Tripletrouble
24-06-2015, 08:07 AM
What was the cost and do you have the part numbers please?

Flash2
24-06-2015, 09:23 AM
The part came to just shy of £100 inc VAT from my local VW dealer.
As for part numbers, sorry, I don't have the paperwork handy. It would be best to give the parts guys your chassis No. and let them supply you the part that matches your vehicle anyway. That way if it's wrong, it's their fault and not yours.

Jim.