PDA

View Full Version : Seat bluetooth module into Audi and vice versa?

munster
22-05-2015, 05:03 PM
Hi all
I've searched on here and on Google but just don't seem to have got anywhere so....
Can I fit a Seat bluetooth module into an Audi?
I'm thinking of the near identical ones to Audi's but they are numbered 5PO 862 335 B & dated 28/02/2006.
I know there are loads of Audi ones out there but I am curious type and just want to know!! (Without spending the money to find out:o)

I appreciate the remainder of VW, Skoda and Seat modules seem to be plastic with a completely different number and look, but the above one seems real similar.

So could I?

Also with that date is it fully functional or basic functionality & what is the real difference between the 2 types.

Many thanks for any replies.

Munster

Guest 2
22-05-2015, 05:11 PM
what are you wanting to fit it into?

munster
22-05-2015, 05:33 PM
Well I'm thinking of fitting it into a 55 plate B7 with Concert stereo and colour DIS. It also has BNS 4.2 which, as you know, comes up on the DIS but is a PITA to input an address into!
I know it isn't the most modern stereo but I want to get the phone sorted out for my wife. I have already changed the wheel to a MFSW but it only controls the radio etc and I want her to be able to go hands free and see the info on the DIS.
Eventually I will update the stereo and go double din & RNS-E but then I will need to ask about the wiring again as the Nav CD reader is in the boot and the control knob will need to be removed.
I guess I'm a sucker for punishment :D

B5NUT
24-05-2015, 08:18 AM
I would avoid the software will most likely not support coding for the A4

Guest 2
24-05-2015, 10:29 AM
likewise ^^

the 8p0 module you need isn't dear. just try and get the newest you can/want to afford so its compatible with smartphones .