PDA

View Full Version : AMI Question

Gman66
21-05-2015, 12:44 PM
Hello forum.

Long time no post.

What's the best way for me to connect my son's iPad to the AMI so that the music is played through the car speakers?

He has an iPad Air and has discovered the joys of Spotify .

I currently connect my iPhone 4S using the redcollar AMI cable. Do I just need an adaptor so the AMI cable will connect to the lightening port on the iPad?

Yes, he could use earphones but I quite like listening to some of his tunes at the same time, but not through the tinny iPad speakers.

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

Gman66

chiefbadger
21-05-2015, 12:58 PM
Just use the Bluetooth to connect. Set it up as audio device on the mmi via sources on the media screen.

Should be very straightforward, sometimes it can be a bit temperamental finding new devices, but have set up a couple of iPhones/iPads on mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gman66
21-05-2015, 01:08 PM
Thanks chiefbadger - I'll give that a try this weekend.

johnsimcox
21-05-2015, 02:10 PM
Alternatively you could use the proper Apple 30pin to Lightning adaptor and your existing AMI Red Collar cable but length may be an issue as I doubt the iPad mini will fit in the cubby beneath the armrest and therefore he will have to find somewhere to safely stow the iPad. Alternative to that Audi do an Lightning AMI cable (I think the latest version is Yellow Collar). Advantage of a diorect connection using AMI rather than Bluetooth is that you will get artwork on the MMI screen and full control over the music from the MMI controller. Final option would be to put his music on to an SD card and use that

johnsimcox
21-05-2015, 02:11 PM
Sorry just seen the Spotify comment so SD card not an option!

Gman66
21-05-2015, 03:07 PM
No problem John. I had already discounted the SD card option but your other suggestions are helpful. I think I'll try the BT option first and go from there.

Thanks.

Westyfield2
25-05-2015, 02:14 PM
Or you could buy the correct AMI lighting cable (yellow collar) - 4F0051510AL.