PDA

View Full Version : Question Audi S3 Delivery delays

sirussell
19-05-2015, 05:06 PM
I currently have an S3 on order. According to the dealer it was built in week 18 but stuck in Germany apparently due to a fire at the factory which makes the door handles!. Is there anyone out there that can confirm this. They are saying that all orders from week 15 onwards are delayed because of it?

I'm getting the usual poor customer service on keeping me updated on progress that I have seen elsewhere on this forum so just wondering if this new news is true or they are just making excuses?

Thanks

prestigeperth
06-07-2015, 03:18 PM
My S3 is Build week 18.

I am in Australia and have been given the same information. I actually viewed a letter from Audi HQ in Australia to the dealer network. It did state vehicles built in Ingolstadt.....but I have ordered a Sedan and they are built in Hungary.

A vin search confirms where it was built, and also shows that it is on route to Australia on Wilhelmsen. Audi told me the shipping company have it wrong...the shipping company told me that the scan the VIN on the car and if that was my VIN its on its way.

Fingers crossed.

Brett...

chiefinspector
14-07-2015, 10:20 AM
I was in the local Audi dealer yesterday to test drive an S3. I asked this very question after reading it on here and all that the salesman told me was that the problem had been sorted and that there wouldn't be any delays. If i were to order one (which i want to if i can convince the wife!!!) then it would be ready by October.