PDA

View Full Version : FL Heater controls

Jiffy
19-05-2015, 12:55 PM
Can anyone tell me if the FL model is missing some of the heating options that are on other Audis inc the A4 SE I had last week. There's no option for the heat to be directed to the screen and to the face/body. There's nothing in the manual and the local dealer had no answer...anyone?

johnsimcox
19-05-2015, 01:19 PM
I do not have a facelift car yet but based on prior experience with a C6 with the digital controls and looking at photos of the A6 contol panel I am making an educated guess that should help you. Along the bottom of the control panel are 4 buttons second from the right (between fan speed and recirculation buttons) addresses direction of air flow, pressing this should give you a pop up in the MMI screen that then allows you to select your preferred air flow direction. Hope that helps (and that I am right!!)

Jiffy
19-05-2015, 05:20 PM
Thanks John, the issue is with where you can and can't direct the airflow. there seems to be no option to have it blowing to the screen and the face/body.

Rower1978
19-05-2015, 09:29 PM
Thanks John, the issue is with where you can and can't direct the airflow. there seems to be no option to have it blowing to the screen and the face/body.

Does it really matter?!! I've not even noticed this on my FL.

Jiffy
20-05-2015, 08:13 AM
? Does it really matter?!! Yes, I asked the question so I want to know where there is an issue with my car or not. there is also an issue with the heater in as much as it changes its own fan speed without Auto being selected.

Allroad_2013
20-05-2015, 08:45 AM
The fan will slow down as the interior reaches the pre-set temperature whether it's in auto or not.

wildbore
20-05-2015, 10:11 AM
I think all FL cars now have the same controls? If so, then - yes - you can direct heating to the preferred outlets. It works in the same way as the fan speed controller, just press the Distribution button (2nd from right in the lower bank of four buttons) and then select the distribution you want for each side of the car. If that doesn't make sense, then I guess that there is more than one heater switchpack fitted.

GrolschUK
20-05-2015, 11:05 AM
I'm going to check mine at lunch, but I think the question is the setting for Front Window AND Forwards (main cabin blowers), sounds like the option for either is there, but no longer both at the same time.

wildbore
20-05-2015, 12:04 PM
? Does it really matter?!! Yes, I asked the question so I want to know where there is an issue with my car or not. there is also an issue with the heater in as much as it changes its own fan speed without Auto being selected.

I may be able to answer this one. Climate control systems set everything to auto when the "Auto" button is pressed: fan speed, temperature control and air distribution. When you override either the fan speed or the distribution by setting a value manually, then the Auto light will go out but the setting that wasn't changed will remain automatically managed by the system. So, if you change the air distribution manually, the Auto light will go out but the fan will continue to be managed automatically and its speed will vary dependent upon demand. If you want a fixed fan speed you need to manually set one even if the Auto light is not lit.